Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yada, yada, yada...there ain't no difference, they don't award any style points. But, thanks for the congrats, know that has to sting.

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
      As I mentioned and still stand by. This game should not have been close. ESU had 7 Turnovers. That's SEVEN TURNOVERS. I hope they are on the field bright and early tomorrow before 7, running Seven miles, for 7 Hours, while listening to the audio version of 7th heaven, until 7 For that Sh*tshow on offense. Did I hear someone ask about penalty's. Oh, just 14 for 130 yards. No biggie! What the heck was going on out there today. No way this game should have ended up how it did. Alright, enough of me whining. I'm "just a fan". What do I know, right? Probably never played a down in my life hahahaha.

ESU won in almost every category outside of those Turnovers and Penalties, but we all know you can't win a game with 7 turnovers and 14 Penalties. 497 yards in Passing another 175 in Rushing for a total of 672 yards compared to UCM's 495. 101 plays compared to UCM's 66. Although UCM did average about a yard more per play at 7.5. This should have been a slaughtering of UCM. I liked what I saw from the offense outside of the turnovers and penalties. They had a slow start, but got going and never really slowed down afterwards. Including the turnovers, did I mention we had 7 turnovers. Holy Smokes!!!

Defense did well. They stopped them when they needed to. However, anyone that has ever played a down of defense knows you can't keep up in a high scoring game when your offense takes 32 seconds to score, turn the ball over, or get stopped on downs. You can only hold on for so long. They got theirs, yeah UCM scored 45, but lots of that falls on the offense and those blasted turnovers. Did I mention we had 7 of them?

I love my team, but this one is on us. We beat ourselves today. I know this one stings. See what I did there. Only thing to do is bounce back next week. It happens.

I'll give credit where credit is due. UCM caused those turnovers and took care of business when we handed them points after points. I thought the QB was decent, but honestly, no biases involved. I didn't really think they were that great outside of that. Just decent. Good game UCM. You stuck in there and still got the win. You also done it with less yards, time of possession, and plays. But how hard is that to do when your getting the ball in your redzone every other drive.... but I digress! On to next week.

Turnovers, my ass. Those were defensive takeaways. Turnover is when you dribble a basketball off your foot.

P.S. the Bugs got flagged 14 times for 130 yards and the Mules got flagged 10 times for 115 yards)

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

yada, yada, yada...there ain't no difference, they don't award any style points. But, thanks for the congrats, know that has to sting.

Credit where it's due. I guess. I still say the game script was entirely different WSU v ESU compared to ESU v UCM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

Turnovers, my ass. Those were defensive takeaways. Turnover is when you dribble a basketball off your foot.

P.S. the Bugs got flagged 14 times for 130 yards and the Mules got flagged 10 times for 115 yards)

I know it is tough for you Mules and learning to read at a third world university. So here, I copied it for you again. Unless you are trying to compete for most penalty yards. I'm not getting your point.

Oh, just 14 for 130 yards. No biggie! What the heck was going on out there today.
          Turnover = When a team losses possession of the ball without kicking it and it is gained by the other team.
          Takeaway = A change of possession between teams caused by a turnover.

Looking at the film, we had 2-3 turnovers/takeaways that were solely on us. Two dropped balls, a bad pass, and a pass through the WR's hands. UCM had a strip sack and punched the ball out on another.

So yes, we had 6-7 turnovers by definition. I'm not sure how many because the dull announcers at UCM couldn't keep up with game flow. Looks like stats sheets say 6. If we look at those stat sheets, UCM's stat sheets, we see UCM had 2 Interceptions and 3 Forced Fumbles. Essentially the same as what I saw +/- 1. Which you always have a little perception bias in those stat sheets. They aren't watching film and correcting their mistakes.

All in all, a negative turnover differential of 3 for ESU. After their forced fumble and forced interception. Can't win with that, you can have a chance to win. Which we did up until the last minute of the game. However, remove those turnovers/takeaways and we make you look like the scrubs you are. So I'll say it again, what is your point? Turnover, Takeaway, ESU gave this win up. If they hold on to the ball and don't make a couple bad passes. This one is completely different. Are you capable of telling me how many points came off your "takeaways"? Please change my mind.

Comment

Credit where it's due. I guess. I still say the game script was entirely different WSU v ESU compared to ESU v UCM.

Turnovers, my ass. Those were defensive takeaways.
            yer both ridic.
            Go Bearcats!
            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

I know it is tough for you Mules and learning to read at a third world university. So here, I copied it for you again. Unless you are trying to compete for most penalty yards. I'm not getting your point.

Turnover = When a team losses possession of the ball without kicking it and it is gained by the other team.
              Takeaway = A change of possession between teams caused by a turnover.

Looking at the film, we had 2-3 turnovers/takeaways that were solely on us. Two dropped balls, a bad pass, and a pass through the WR's hands. UCM had a strip sack and punched the ball out on another.

So yes, we had 6-7 turnovers by definition. I'm not sure how many because the dull announcers at UCM couldn't keep up with game flow. Looks like stats sheets say 6. If we look at those stat sheets, UCM's stat sheets, we see UCM had 2 Interceptions and 3 Forced Fumbles. Essentially the same as what I saw +/- 1. Which you always have a little perception bias in those stat sheets. They aren't watching film and correcting their mistakes.

All in all, a negative turnover differential of 3 for ESU. After their forced fumble and forced interception. Can't win with that, you can have a chance to win. Which we did up until the last minute of the game. However, remove those turnovers/takeaways and we make you look like the scrubs you are. So I'll say it again, what is your point? Turnover, Takeaway, ESU gave this win up. If they hold on to the ball and don't make a couple bad passes. This one is completely different. Are you capable of telling me how many points came off your "takeaways"? Please change my mind.
              Yeah, I know the difference between a turnover and a takeaway, but thanks for pulling out your football dictionary. Lighten up, I was just making a joke about the dribbling off your foot thing.

Last edited by Shanghai Mule; 10-10-2021, 12:37 PM.

Comment

I don't care who you are, you had to like the smile on the big mule DTs face when he scored on that fumble.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                  I don't care who you are, you had to like the smile on the big mule DTs face when he scored on that fumble.
                  Oh yeah. Even I was excited for him.

Comment

Yeah, I know the difference between a turnover and a takeaway, but thanks for pulling out your football dictionary. Lighten up, I was just making a joke about the dribbling off your foot thing.
                    ;)

Comment

Reload, I didn't get the code book, what does that mean?

Last edited by Shanghai Mule; 10-11-2021, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Comment

Right back at ya, slick. The One & Dones, I mean Two & Dones, are off to Joplin to Mule kick the Lions. The Super Flies should beat the Lopers. Higgins motion offense will have the Lopers defense dragging by half time. Adios Amigo.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X