X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach in the Hot seat

Re: Coach in the Hot seat

OK I'll bite.

If you are basing optimism with action on this message board, well there have never been a lot of ESU fans on here. So I think that's wrong.
    Seems like every time ESU graduates a good quarterback other fan bases decide there is no way the next guy will be any good. Well the Hornets have had three different starting QBs lead them to a ten win season since 2012 (Eckenrode, Wilson, Marstall). That's more ten win seasons than any team other than NWMSU in the same time frame.
    ESU has had four straight winning seasons for the first time as an NCAA school and have the second best record in the MIAA since 2012.

Picking on Pitt, WU and ESU just re-enforces that you are a Hays fan that likes to put out negative stuff about the other Kansas schools.

Comment

It's got to be Beck at Pitt St. - to me that was a boneheaded decision not to take a post season bowl last year. If he thought it wasn't worth extra practices and he could retool faster; then he better prove it.

Schurig #2 - playing below .500 with your son as the starting QB - that's going to rub people the wrong way.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
        It's got to be Beck at Pitt St. - to me that was a boneheaded decision not to take a post season bowl last year. If he thought it wasn't worth extra practices and he could retool faster; then he better prove it.

Schurig #2 - playing below .500 with your son as the starting QB - that's going to rub people the wrong way.
        They claim they were banking on a PO invitation.

Comment

Comment

maybe it's the contract?
            buying coaches out/hiring/firing is expensive.
            that's the only reasonable explanation i could necessarily suppose.
            2014 was a long time ago.
            Go Bearcats!
            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
              maybe it's the contract?
              buying coaches out/hiring/firing is expensive.
              that's the only reasonable explanation i could necessarily suppose.
              2014 was a long time ago.

Comment

I would say that Schurig and Higgins are maybe two of the very safest coaches in the conference. Anybody who thinks Schurig isn't safe doesn't remember what Washburn football was like before him.

Beck is definitely on the hottest seat, but I don't disagree with what PSR is saying.

I actually think Sims at MoSo is maybe the next hottest seat, but for totally different reasons. It had just better be a seat with plenty of water available to it and thorough medical monitoring.

Other than those two, the only ones with much real potential heat are Svoboda if UCM's season goes like last year's or Williamson at MW if the penalty/on-field attitude problems get worse. We sat on the MW side last year in St. Joe to keep my 2 year old out of the blistering sun and the locals seemed REALLY unhappy with the team over the penalty situation. Considering that they probably cost MW 2-3 wins, it was well-deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
                  I would say that Schurig and Higgins are maybe two of the very safest coaches in the conference. Anybody who thinks Schurig isn't safe doesn't remember what Washburn football was like before him.

Beck is definitely on the hottest seat, but I don't disagree with what PSR is saying.

I actually think Sims at MoSo is maybe the next hottest seat, but for totally different reasons. It had just better be a seat with plenty of water available to it and thorough medical monitoring.

Other than those two, the only ones with much real potential heat are Svoboda if UCM's season goes like last year's or Williamson at MW if the penalty/on-field attitude problems get worse. We sat on the MW side last year in St. Joe to keep my 2 year old out of the blistering sun and the locals seemed REALLY unhappy with the team over the penalty situation. Considering that they probably cost MW 2-3 wins, it was well-deserved.
                  Lol Sims looked like a pusssay on the new season of last chance u. Screaming at the other team as he ran away and caused altercations after the game.

Comment

How about a thread about MB posters in the "Hotseat?"

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                      How about a thread about MB posters in the "Hotseat?"
                      Are you hitting on me?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                        Are you hitting on me?
                        Now THAT'S funny!!!

Comment

Higgins is very safe for the reasons that Hornetfan stated.

The two hottest seats are easily Beck and Brown. Beck because of his record in the last 4 years and Browns seat is going to get hot for two reasons. Hays's continued playoff choke jobs and flameouts and then all the money and promises Pitt fans and administration will throw at him. In the end Brown comes back to Pitt and some real facilities and fans and everyone lives happily ever after.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                              Higgins is very safe for the reasons that Hornetfan stated.

The two hottest seats are easily Beck and Brown. Beck because of his record in the last 4 years and Browns seat is going to get hot for two reasons. Hays's continued playoff choke jobs and flameouts and then all the money and promises Pitt fans and administration will throw at him. In the end Brown comes back to Pitt and some real facilities and fans and everyone lives happily ever after.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X