Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Pick'em" has about half of the participants that it had before the pandemic. We usually had around 120 total with around 80 playing every week. This year we have had around 60 total with about 40 playing each week.

Comment

I'm just sitting in the GLVC forum talking to myself. I even write the weekly article for it. In 2019, I got a little bit of engagement from it, but I don't get anything these days.

Covid and the pandemic has shifted a lot of priorities. I'm hoping things will look more normal next year as people truly get into a seasonal rhythm again.
      Cool Story Bro

Comment

The Gorillas have Lincoln coming to town for homecoming this Saturday (yawn). Oh, how I miss Lindenwood in the conference.

Comment

Statistics show that one in every 500 people has died of Covid. And based on the fact that not all cases get reported it is likely that even more have succumbed to the 'hoax'.

I have only attended two Northwest Home games this Fall and no away games. I did not participate in Randy's pick 'em contest, as I haven't followed the whole MIAA enough to make even a SWAG.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post

Statistics show that one in every 500 people has died of Covid. And based on the fact that not all cases get reported it is likely that even more have succumbed to the 'hoax'.

I have only attended two Northwest Home games this Fall and no away games. I did not participate in Randy's pick 'em contest, as I haven't followed the whole MIAA enough to make even a SWAG.
            I was wondering about you, "R". Have you attended any ACU games this year?

Comment

Crazy times.

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
              I'm just sitting in the GLVC forum talking to myself. I even write the weekly article for it. In 2019, I got a little bit of engagement from it, but I don't get anything these days.

Covid and the pandemic has shifted a lot of priorities. I'm hoping things will look more normal next year as people truly get into a seasonal rhythm again.
              Very true

Originally posted by Randy View Post
              The "Pick'em" has about half of the participants that it had before the pandemic. We usually had around 120 total with around 80 playing every week. This year we have had around 60 total with about 40 playing each week.

Comment

what you get when you inject politics into an issue. the majority of us are all sheep only smart enough to know we can't trust one political party & just dumb enough to believe we can trust the other.

if ever there was an issue that should have had bipartisan cooperation from the start to the benefit of the people putting their welfare above the never ending battle for power this was the one.
                Go Bearcats!
                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

what you get when you inject politics into an issue. the majority of us are all sheep only smart enough to know we can't trust one political party & just dumb enough to believe we can trust the other.

if ever there was an issue that should have had bipartisan cooperation from the start to the benefit of the people putting their welfare above the never ending battle for power this was the one.
                  Yet it hasn't forced people to abandon both parties like it should have.

Most folks have doubled down on being wrong instead.

Comment

OK.

That was too political.

I apologize.

Back on track,
                    Eff NW, and their little dog, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                      OK.

That was too political.

I apologize.

Back on track,
                      Eff NW, and their little dog, too.
                      Hahaha but oh so true on all fronts

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
                        What is going on with the board this season? Where are all the posters? Where is the banter? Where is the love and support for your team? Don't get me wrong. Some of the usual's are still around and supporting their squads, but so many have left or don't post. What gives? Can we start a petition to bring back visionpipe? At least he kept things interesting.

Gone are the days where fans valiantly fight for their teams respect. Where is, dare I say it, where is jimbo slice!?!?? Where is JuicedMule ? Where is Bigsix98? Where is Bigbadbod? WHERE ARE Y'ALL?!?!

Where is the weekly thread with the linked MIAA article? I know there is a article(if you can call it that) on the website, but where is the discussion thread. Those articles definitely need some constructive feedback. Are the columnists not allowed to link their articles anymore? Ian and Aaron, would you be willing to come out of retirement? Wherever you are, come back to us.

Where are the gameday threads? Where are the matchup threads? Where are the ridiculous made up rankings? Where are the insightful visions of BigbagBod? We have threads with thousands of views and 20 responses. What the hell is that?

If you made it this far, here's the thing. Whether your team is losing, winning or whatever you call the **** they are doing up in Lincoln. Support them, support the team, players, coaches, and schools. Show your pride, don't hide it lurking in the shadows. We know you have opinions and whether they make any sense at all POST THEM! The board needs more stats. The board needs more conversations. The board needs more banter. This is a community and a great one, but I for one feel this year has been lacking. Which comes as a shock when we are a year removed from no football. I expected this season everyone would be chomping at the bits to see, defend, and post about their teams. This is a great forum. I didn't say good, GREAT! We enjoy insightful discussions at times and other times we trade jabs and uppercuts. It's all in good fun no matter the path the discussion takes.

So Get hyped. MIAA Football is back. It's Saturday and your team is going to defend their turf today! Be loud, Be Proud, and Be excited! If you have an account and have never posted or you haven't posted in a while. I encourage you to respond to a thread today. Make your presence known. Come out of the shadows my friends! If you made it to the end and you are a recent lurker turned poster then chime in with your team and why they will win today! If you think I'm crazy and nothing has changed around here. Respond with that. If you agree. Respond with that. If you have a different take, then you guessed it. RESPOND WITH THAT!!!

Now, with that being said. I'll be back over on the ESU vs the jackasses thread where maybe I won't be posting by myself today. Hornets by 50. Tigers by 14.
                        Roll Chos!

Comment

Seeing as I wrote this after and before a loss, you CHO, yeah. The board needs help.

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post

Seeing as I wrote this after and before a loss, you CHO, yeah. The board needs help.
                            Your 3-4 bumblebees need help finishing games.
                            Roll Chos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X