Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washburn/Ft Hays

Overtime in Topeka

FHSU scores fg on their 1st possession. Up 20-17.
    Washburn on offense.

Comment

Washburn w/ td pass on their 1st possession

Win 23-20

Comment

Better late than never I guess.

Comment

Wow. Just watched the last half of this one. I definitely didn't expect it to take over time to get either team to 20 points.

Comment

15years ago you could not have told me a Schurig vs Brown coaching match up would result in living and dying by the pass. In my opinion both lost their way. Schurig was spoiled by Simoneau and has lost his way ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
              15years ago you could not have told me a Schurig vs Brown coaching match up would result in living and dying by the pass. In my opinion both lost their way. Schurig was spoiled by Simoneau and has lost his way ever since.
              To that point, there's a pretty clear deviation with Coach Brown philosphy from how he built the program to what he's doing now; he was likely spoiled by Mezera being so accurate and transitioning to fuller.

The seasons 2012, 2013, 2014 (Brown building the program) is clearly a 50/50 philosphy of run to pass.

The seasons 2015, 2016, 2017 when FHSU got on their post season run the offense was favoring the run slightly more and they had four 1,000+ yard rushers during those seasons.

The seasons 2018, 2019, 2021 - going back to when Mezera got injured and didn't play every game and Fuller took over - the Tigers haven't had a 1,000 yard rusher in 3 years and have gone to over 70% of the offense relying on the pass.

Comment

Another way to look at it is that they are both adaptable coaches instead of rigid "system" guys.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X