Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

It seems like we're all going through the same thing, I now realize after seeing that it's not just us in the GSC, cannibalization happens in all of the competitive conferences.
    The top four teams in the GSC are very strong and yes there will be a good bit of cannibalizing that occurs over the next three weeks. It's a shame because I think any of those 4 teams are probably better than anyone else in the region.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

UCM loses their homecoming game and from what I heard will disband football and concentrate on bowling.

Wrong again, wise ass (still no relation). You've got it backwards. The women's bowling team will disband and join the football team to get some extra beef on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
        my updated guesses after a wild week of college football regardless of division.

GLVC Lindenwood in the drivers seat after a nice W vs Indy. Win out and they are in. lose to SW Baptist and a 3 loss GLVC team backs into the playoffs. Truman only has 2 losses but still has to play Indy and has a L to Lindenwood. Indy has 3 losses including head to head vs Lindenwood.

GAC If Henderson State had taken care of business this would be easy, but they didn't. Harding, Henderson State, Ouachita, and Southeastern Oklahoma all only have 1L. SEO lost to Harding, beat Henderson, and plays Ouachita in the next to last game. Ouachita lost to Harding and still plays SEO and Henderson State the last two weeks of the year, thats a tough road. Harding, lost to SEO by one and beat Henderson State and Ouachita. They have what should be all winnable games left. Henderson State beats SEO, gets drilled by Harding and still has Ouachita left. I think Harding wins this simply based off remaining schedule with SEO/Henderson/Ouchita still with too many games between them to decide. SEO has a great chance if they beat Ouachita, loser of Henderson and Ouachita is probably eliminated.

GLIAC I know some other people want to throw Michigan Tech into the fray. They have Ferris State this week and Grand Valley the week after. Good luck with that. This is still a two conference bid with Ferris and Grand Valley. If Tech upsets one of them it could be interesting especially if Tech defeats Grand Valley.but since they already lost to them once by 23 I don't see it happening. Tech only has (1) D2 loss. their other loss was to FCS St. Thomas.

MIAA : Way to go NW. Mess it up for everyone and make it a complete cluster. NW, UNK, Washburn, Pitt. Probably in that order. NW still has to play UNK in two weeks and in a " I never thought I'd be writing this" moment they have to go on the road with a bad offense to play a good defense at MOSO who is improving week to week. If UNK gets past NW the conference is theirs. They own wins over Pitt and Washburn. UNK's defense is a little questionable as the season has gone on but they should make the playoffs. Pitt and Washburn meet in what could be a playoff eliminator on November 6th. Washburn has two games that should be fairly easy before then while Pitt has the harder road between the two. Will be interesting to see if Washburn plays Schurig at QB this week and next or if they can get by with their backup and try and get Schurig better for the Pitt game. Pitt has to take care of business and hope the cache of the MIAA gets them into the playoffs as the definite 3rd team in the MIAA since the top 2 will both own wins over Pitt. Another loss and Pitt is removed from this list. No Coach Beck, you cannot say no to bowls and wait on the playoff committee when you have 5 losses.

1. Ferris State
        2. Harding They only lost to another contender by 1 and have the H2H over the other 2
        3. UNK
        4. Grand Valley
        5. Henderson just due to H2H over SEO
        6. NW how can you rank mighty NW lower than 1 loss GAC teams when we only have 1 loss? Fair question, I've watched you play, you almost lost to Pitt, and if NW doesn't have a better offensive day vs UNK this is where you would end up as a 2 loss team.
        7. Lindenwood

1st out: SEO,
        2nd out Washburn

Life Support : Pitt, Ouachita, Truman, Michigan Tech

Still not making a bowl:
        UCM
        Lincoln
        Lindenwood qb hurt in the game had the team down on the Indy 20 yd line 2nd string qb came in first play went for a td. No more scoring after that. Without Brister they wont be near the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post

Lindenwood qb hurt in the game had the team down on the Indy 20 yd line 2nd string qb came in first play went for a td. No more scoring after that. Without Brister they wont be near the same.
          Dugger threw that TD with only about 8 minutes to go in the game, so there wasn't going to be a lot of scoring after that regardless if it was Brister or him playing. The Lions only had one possession after that, and were able to milk 5 minutes off the clock largely because of two clutch throws, both on 3rd and long, to extend the drive.

Brister was out the last game too and Dugger performed admirably. Ended the day with 228 yards of total offense and 3 TDs. Albeit it was against an underwhelming SBU defense, but not bad for his first start. He didn't need to do too much really with LU scoring TDs on defense and special teams, and picking off 3 passes.

You're right though, Brister is a special talent and it's impossible to replace him. If he is coming back, I doubt it will be next game vs. Jewell who has been historically bad this year. If Brister's out long term, then it makes things way tougher for the Lions. But this coaches were very high on Dugger as being a potential successor to Brister after next year. Unfortunately, he's getting tested way earlier than expected. Dugger's game is different from Brister too. Brister is a coach on the field, and a monster to take down (reminds me of a Tebo type player). Dugger is more of a natural pocket passer that's slippery enough to get out of trouble and get something out of nothing. Thankfully they had last game, and this next game (probably) to tweak the playbook for him before S&T and McKendree.
          Cool Story Bro

Comment

1. Ferris
            2. Harding
            3.NW Wow just wow. Welcome the blue blood back in time for the playoffs
            4. Grand Valley I think they are better than Henderson or Lindenwood
            5. Henderson. Play better competition than Lindenwood
            6. Lindenwood
            7. UNK. despite being blown out own head to head over Washburn and Pitt

1st out
            Ouachita
            Washburn/Pitt. Squid Game this Saturday
            SEO

Congrats to UCM for being proud of their bowl game win over Lincoln

Comment

LU @ NW 11/20 would be fun

Comment

The GAC teams all have at least one tough game left.

Washburn has Pitt and?
                Pitt has WU and Hays.
                UNK has UCO
                NW has ESU

Haven't looked at gliac or glvc yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Washburn has Pitt and?
                  Pitt has WU and Hays.
                  UNK has UCO
                  NW has ESU

HU does not.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post

HU does not.
                    I was mistaken.
                    HU is set..
                    Hen, obu, and seo will cannibalize each other with OK bap in there to play possible spoiler.

One of Pitt or Washburn is out after this week, and if Pitt wins, they have Hays waiting to ruin their season.... Kearney has UCObtrying to play spoiler, and NW has ESU who may give them a little trouble.

Exciting finish for both conferences.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Washburn has Pitt and?
                      Pitt has WU and Hays.
                      UNK has UCO
                      NW has ESU

Ferris and GV have already played their toughest games, but SVSU has a chance to lock in 3rd place against Michigan Tech next Saturday.

Comment

Team Week 10 Week 11
                        Ferris State at Davenport (3-6) Wayne State (2-7)
                        Harding Southwestern Oklahoma (0-8) at Arkansas Tech (3-6)
                        Grand Valley at Wayne State (2-7) Davenport (3-6)
                        Northwest Missouri at Missouri Southern (3-6) Emporia State (5-4)
                        Lindenwood at Missouri S&T (5-4) McKendree (3-5)
                        Henderson State at Oklahoma Baptist (6-3) at Ouachita Baptist (8-1)
                        Ouachita Baptist Southeastern Oklahoma (6-2) Henderson State (8-1)
                        Nebraska Kearney at Central Oklahoma (4-5) Northeastern State (2-7)
                        Southeastern Oklahoma at Ouachita Baptist (8-1) East Central (5-4)
                        Washburn at Pittsburg State (7-2) Missouri Southern (3-6)

Comment

Good luck to Ouachita, that's a really tough way to end the year

Comment

If obu loses to seo and beats Hendo it'll be a real mess.

Comment

Hendo has a tough finish, too. Ok bap looks like they have been a tough out.

Comment

Ferris and gv jave games they should win.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X