Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESU v the Giselle Fairies

Well, well, well..... The second to last obstacle to UNK's dream season is finally here. You have managed to squeak by so far. I was looking forward to coming into this game with 1, maybe 2 loses, but alas.... here we are at 3-3. I think the team is going to be fuming after a horrible showing last week in terms of ball security. We are going to give UNK everything they asked for. I personally haven't cared much for UNK since they disrespected us in 2012 and we waxed their butts. They came in cocky and now finally have a little reason to speak up. Yet, their fanbase is silent on the boards for the most part. What a shame.

Fun Facts:
    Emporia has averaged 38 points against UNK over the past 8 years.
    The record between the two teams during that time is 6-2.
    We are equally as effective in keeping UNK down, on the road, as we are at home.

I think we add to that win total this week and shock the conference, but it won't be a surprise to the hornet faithful.

ESU 34
    UNK 31

Tying the smallest Margin of victory over the Gazelle Fairies. What say you?
    Last edited by reloadmvp; 10-12-2021, 07:33 PM.

I have never heard anyone describe UNK fans or players as cocky. Maybe in the 70s when they were a good NAIA team?

Comment

I also have no idea what a Giselle fairy is? Is it like a tinkerbell doll designed to look like tom brady's wife?

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
        Yet, their fanbase is silent on the boards for the most part. What a shame.

Comment

nk appears to be the better team & should win. but the margin's not that wide so if they don't play well & es does it could go the other way.
          Go Bearcats!
          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Geez, even the 0-3 Mules had UNK on the ropes before losing 31-28. How tough could they be. If the Hornets clean up the turnover mess from last week in Warrensburg, then I like the Super Flies by 10.

Comment

Most of my losses in the picked this year have been from Emporia games. It doesn't seem to matter if I pick for or against them, either. They do the opposite, no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                Most of my losses in the picked this year have been from Emporia games. It doesn't seem to matter if I pick for or against them, either. They do the opposite, no matter what.
                Good, I'm tied for the lead so I'll pick after you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post

Good, I'm tied for the lead so I'll pick after you do.
                  Sounds good. I have to figure out how to best use my new found super power, though.

Comment

I have never heard anyone describe UNK fans or players as cocky. Maybe in the 70s when they were a good NAIA team?
                    The year before they came in the league the Lopers went 10-2 and made the playoffs. Some of their fan base seemed to think they could do the same thing in the MIAA and they promptly went 2-8 in the league. ESU was their home opener in 2012 and the Hornets were coming off a 5-6 year. The Hornets gout out to a 24-0 lead after the first and won 58-35.
                    I think that's where he's coming from.
                    AS for their time in the NAIA, there are some stories from the late 80's about going out there that would be unbelievable today.

Comment

sounds like every other fanbase since the beg of time
                      Go Bearcats!
                      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post

The year before they came in the league the Lopers went 10-2 and made the playoffs. Some of their fan base seemed to think they could do the same thing in the MIAA and they promptly went 2-8 in the league. ESU was their home opener in 2012 and the Hornets were coming off a 5-6 year. The Hornets gout out to a 24-0 lead after the first and won 58-35.
                        I think that's where he's coming from.
                        AS for their time in the NAIA, there are some stories from the late 80's about going out there that would be unbelievable today.
                        Exactly! This right here. Thank you, since apparently they can't read. I wish I could find the article of them and the quote about us "not being Alabama" before we hung 58 on em hahaha.

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
                        I personally haven't cared much for UNK since they disrespected us in 2012 and we waxed their butts. They came in cocky and now finally have a little reason to speak up.

Last edited by reloadmvp; 10-12-2021, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                          nk appears to be the better team & should win. but the margin's not that wide so if they don't play well & es does it could go the other way.
                          Last edited by reloadmvp; 10-12-2021, 07:34 PM.

Comment

I also have no idea what a Giselle fairy is? Is it like a tinkerbell doll designed to look like tom brady's wife?
                            Lets go with that. I like that better than typos and siri messing up hahaha.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X