Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverGreen View Post

Was it seriously a Hail Mary attempt? That makes no sense. I know the kicker was struggling but they only needed another 15 yards for a decent attempt.
    It looked like one. Chucked it right into traffic.

Comment

Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Was it seriously a Hail Mary attempt? That makes no sense. I know the kicker was struggling but they only needed another 15 yards for a decent attempt.

Comment

You can't really blame injuries when Washburn lost their QB in the first series.

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
            Has Hohensee been told not to run the ball?

Comment

Originally posted by IchabodPower44 View Post
              My password still works! Been a long time. Not going to talk schidt. Good football game. Been happy with the effort of the Ichabods all year.

Comment

Poor coaching, poor special teams execution, discipline totally out the window. Couldn't tell you the last time those 3 could be put in the same sentence describing the Bearcats. And still had a chance to win it. Real head scratcher.
                Last edited by CatFan88; 10-17-2021, 05:09 AM.
                Go Hounds!
                B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                Cyclone Power
                ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

You can't really blame injuries when Washburn lost their QB in the first series.

Comment

Hohensee has to make better decisions. His pick at end of 1st half was awful. And the desperation heave into coverage to end the game? Still had 17 seconds left and TO to burn. Like you said we needed another 15-20 yards. With the TO left, the middle of the field is still available. Even with a struggling kicker, I'll take that over a Hail Mary. Not gonna put the loss on him though. He was just part of a multifaceted loss.
                    Last edited by CatFan88; 10-17-2021, 05:21 AM.
                    Go Hounds!
                    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                    Cyclone Power
                    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

Hohensee has to make better decisions. His pick at end of 1st half was awful. And the desperation heave into coverage to end the game? Still had 17 seconds left and TO to burn. Like you said we needed another 15-20 yards. With the TO left, the middle of the field is still available. Even with a struggling kicker, I'll take that over a Hail Mary. Not gonna put the loss on him though. He was just part of a multifaceted loss.
                      It was almost the exact same play that they scored on in the third quarter. Hohensee tried to force it a little bit to much and the defender made a good player. By all accounts- a healthy Hohensee would have ran it.

Comment

That is not ultimately what it came down to. Reads like excuses when they knocked a starting qb out and a fr. came in.

Comment

^^^^the team was sloppy w/ penalties & to's. we do not have the margins we used to
                          everyone deals w/ injuries.
                          wburn sure did.

the reality is we have come back to the pack which was inevitable b/c frankly it was remarkable that we won at the clip we did for as long as we did. you can pretty much lock & load a loss or two to someone decent one of the weeks we show up w/ our b or c game.

now we're merely good but no longer great.

whether you attribute that to the current staffs capability or just missing on more kids than usual the past few yrs or whatev.

it isn't reasonable to expect that what we were could go on forever but if the program erodes further & isn't competing for league titles that's a diff story.
                          Go Bearcats!
                          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

It's circa 2005. Just exchange Pitt for NW.

It's more of what nwms said. It's the kids. You don't have the difference makers you once had or as many of them.

I lived this and have seen this movie before only with a different actor.

Take this as smack if you want, NW fans probably will. But it ain't.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
                              It's circa 2005. Just exchange Pitt for NW.

It's more of what nwms said. It's the kids. You don't have the difference makers you once had or as many of them.

I lived this and have seen this movie before only with a different actor.

Take this as smack if you want, NW fans probably will. But it ain't.
                              Flash in the pan. ;)

Comment

This reminds me a little of 2017 when Jonathon Baker finally took over for Zach Martin and the early returns looked good. Many thought we were finally going to be able to throw the ball to open up the offense a little bit going into the playoffs. It turned out that he really wasn't that much better, if he was at all. Don't get me wrong, I think Hohensee has a much greater upside than Baker, and it could be that the injuries are hampering him to an extent. Obviously, his ability to run the ball is one of his better attributes (really should've been one of Wright's too, but he wasn't taking off much anymore). Could it just be that this is what he is and there was a reason he hadn't been able to beat out Wright? Of course it's the unit, not just the QB... guys have to get open, the line has to protect, etc., etc. To have an all world back like McKeller and be shut out in the first half of 2 straight games isn't inspiring a lot of confidence in our ability to become great offensive unit by the end of the season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X