X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCO Stadium Receives $10 Million and Renamed

Big changes in Edmond

https://bronchosports.com/news/2021/...n-stadium.aspx

darnit. I owe Roll Chos $1. I thought for sure they were going to call it JimboSlice Stadium.

Comment

Woah. Congrats UCO! The MIAA facility arms race continues. Looking forward to seeing some renderings of what the improvements will look like, but according to the linked article, sounds like some special facility enhancements are in store for the Bronchos. Nice!

Comment

UCO put out some renders of the stadium, but didn't include them in the article linked above

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post
          UCO put out some renders of the stadium, but didn't include them in the article linked above
          With material lead times being what they are, they better get it in gear if they want it open for next season

Comment

Roll Chos!

Comment

Landscaping in the end zone is different.... sounds like a good way to twist an ankle. ;)

Comment

It looks like Arkansas State was on to something when they put a waterfall in their stadium.

Comment

That end zone will give me some where to take a leak without having to walk all the way to your car.

Comment

Should have took 2 million and spent it on NIL. Maybe then they could get some actual players at UCO

Comment

I love it! Can you say future home of the D2 National Championship game!!!
                      Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

This makes me wonder what the point is. Why expand a stadium you cannot fill up? I might have to hedge my bet that UCO won't move up to FCS.
                        Last edited by UCObluejay; 10-21-2021, 07:56 PM.
                        Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
                          This makes me wonder what the point is. Why expand a stadium you cannot fill up? I might have to hedge my bet that UCO won't move up to FCS.

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
                            I thought I saw somewhere that part of this was to guarantee that they would be in the running to host Oklahoma High School State Championship games? I think Oklahoma brings multiple (maybe all?) state title games to one site and that can be a big economic impact for a community. Not saying that is the only reason but to me if you get $10 million and use it to expand your stadium, which is already one of the nicer stadium in the country, rather than build an indoor practice facility it seems like trying to get those games might be high on the list.

Comment

UCO would also need to add a 6th men's sport. Yes, it can be a cheap sport like cross country but until that is actually done they are going nowhere.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X