Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Missouri WBB - Questions

I noticed Wt will be hosting CMU in the first game of the D2CCA Tip-Off Classic. I have a few questions.
    How many of your players return from last year? What are the expectations for this season? Anyone making the trip down??
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

I don't think you will find many helpful answers in this sub. Pretty football centric. Is there a basketball tab you meant to click?

Comment

This is the football section, try the basketball section. Warning, (former) Mules basketball fans couldn't care less, so you may not get answers to your questions. Go Buffs

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
        I noticed Wt will be hosting CMU in the first game of the D2CCA Tip-Off Classic. I have a few questions.
        How many of your players return from last year? What are the expectations for this season? Anyone making the trip down??
        You need to go back to the forum page and scroll down to basketball and then post under the central region. You might get an answer.

Comment

Google it.
          Go Hounds!
          B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
          Cyclone Power
          ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

got some nibbles, not bad.
            Go Bearcats!
            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

The Jennies SHOULD be really good again this year. Seven freshman played significant minutes last year and all are returning. Add to it a forward/center who received an additional year and things on paper look good. They lose their point guard (they didn't score much) and a forward who was a really good defender.

Don't know much about the new players this year but given how the football team has played and the dismal Mules Basketball team, it's all we have to look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
                The Jennies SHOULD be really good again this year. Seven freshmen played significant minutes last year and all are returning. Add to it a forward/center who received an additional year and things on paper look good. They lose their point guard (they didn't score much) and a forward who was a really good defender.

Don't know much about the new players this year but given how the football team has played and the dismal Mules Basketball team, it's all we have to look forward to.
                Thanks, from the look of the teams in the tournament Wt could start the year 0-3 and be pretty good. Ended last year by losing 6 in a row. Longest losing streak in the history of the program. New Coach and several new players. Lost our best player in the transfer portal to a D1 school - Texas Tech. Thanks for the information.

Comment

Thanks, from the look of the teams in the tournament Wt could start the year 0-3 and be pretty good. Ended last year by losing 6 in a row. Longest losing streak in the history of the program. New Coach and several new players. Lost our best player in the transfer portal to a D1 school - Texas Tech. Thanks for the information.
                  Heard one of their better young bigs from last year tore her ACL...that'll hurt them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
                    This is the football section, try the basketball section. Warning, (former) Mules basketball fans couldn't care less, so you may not get answers to your questions. Go Buffs

Oops, sorry Great White Buffalo, I wasn't paying attention and thought you were asking about UCM men's basketball. As already stated, the UCM women's team should be pretty damn good....go Jennies.

Comment

UCM Sucks.... That is all.

Comment

Great run by the Jennies last year as coach really struck gold with that freshman class.

Comment

West Texas A&M's Zamorye Roberts scored 21 in her Lady Buff debut but WT struggled to find a rhythm offensively in a 69-57 season-opening loss to the Central Missouri Jennies on Friday afternoon in the opening day of the D2CCA Tipoff Classic presented by Suddenlink at the First United Bank Center in Canyon.

Roberts led the way for the Lady Buffs as the transfer went 8-of-17 from the floor including 2-of-6 from behind the arc for a team-high 21 points to go along with eight rebounds, four assists, two blocks, and two steals. Karley Motschenbacher was impressed in her first game in Maroon & White as the Moorhead, Minnesota product went 5-of-10 from the field for 10 points to go along with seven boards and an assist.

The Lady Buffs finished the afternoon going 22-of-62 (35.5%) from the floor including 3-of-16 (18.8%) from behind the arc and 10-of-14 (71.4%) from the free-throw line with 35 total rebounds (nine offensive, 26 defensives), 12 assists, eight turnovers, nine blocks, and 10 steals.

UCM was led by Nija Collier who went 6 of 16 from the floor including 3-of-6 from deep and a perfect 8-of-8 from the free-throw line to finish the game with 21 points to go along with a game-high 12 rebounds for a double-double. The Jennies went 26-of-62 (41.9%) from the field including 6-of-14 (42.9%) from deep and 11-of-15 (73.3%) from the charity stripe with 44 rebounds (11 offensive, 33 defensives), 10 assists, 13 turnovers, three blocks, and four steals.

HALFTIME REPORT
                          The Lady Buffs trailed 33-29 heading into the locker room as they went 12-of-31 (38.7%) from the floor including 2-of-11 (18.2%) from deep and 3-of-4 (75%) from the free-throw line to go along with 20 rebounds (four offensive, 16 defensives), six assists, six turnovers, five blocks, and five steals. The Jennies went 11-of-31 (35.5%) from the field including 3-of-8 (37.5%) from deep and 8-of-12 (66.7%) from the charity stripe with 21 boards (five offensive, 16 defensives), five assists, six turnovers, one block, and two steals.

COMING UP NEXT
                          The Lady Buffs face-off with the Drury Lady Panthers tomorrow afternoon with tipoff set for 1:30 p.m. at the First United Bank Center. Drury picked up a 92-79 victory over Southwestern Oklahoma State to open the D2CCA Tipoff Classic on Friday afternoon.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X