Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lame teams

Why is Lincoln even playing football they can't be having fun. Not even competitive. Mules score 77 only 14 in second half. I bet the mens basketball team wont score 53 in half a game.

Hate it for the kids. You really got to love the game to play at those odds.

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
      Hate it for the kids. You really got to love the game to play at those odds.
      Yes I agree with you reloadmvp. I've played on and coached some teams that were very very bad, but they don't ever seem to improve. Other teams are/have been really bad, but you can see the obvious efforts to improve. A few years ago, UNK was bad and now they're one of the top teams of the conference. Northeast OK and MoSo were bad and they're noticeably better now. In '94, Northwest famously went 0-11 and improved and got good. I feel bad for these kids as they've never really been competitive; not trying to be mean or anything just making an observation over the years. The kids have to be so tough to go through such a grind year in and year out with very little to show for it.
      Northwest Missouri State University
      BEARCATS

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post
        Why is Lincoln even playing football they can't be having fun. Not even competitive. Mules score 77 only 14 in second half. I bet the mens basketball team wont score 53 in half a game.
        those are dudes getting rammycacked weekly for the scholarship $.
        lincoln's interest is for the enrollment boost b/c they certainly aren't trying to win from a univ perspective. i'm sure the coaches do the best they can w/ what they are given to work w/.
        Go Bearcats!
        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by BEARCAT View Post

Yes I agree with you reloadmvp. I've played on and coached some teams that were very very bad, but they don't ever seem to improve. Other teams are/have been really bad, but you can see the obvious efforts to improve. A few years ago, UNK was bad and now they're one of the top teams of the conference. Northeast OK and MoSo were bad and they're noticeably better now. In '94, Northwest famously went 0-11 and improved and got good. I feel bad for these kids as they've never really been competitive; not trying to be mean or anything just making an observation over the years. The kids have to be so tough to go through such a grind year in and year out with very little to show for it.
          interestingly enough Lincoln (CA) lost 92-0 yesterday bringing their record to 0-4. They have also lost 52-6 and 75-0. Lincoln (PA) is 1-8 but have been at least somewhat competitive while we all know what the Blue Tigers of the MIAA are.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

interestingly enough Lincoln (CA) lost 92-0 yesterday bringing their record to 0-4. They have also lost 52-6 and 75-0. Lincoln (PA) is 1-8 but have been at least somewhat competitive while we all know what the Blue Tigers of the MIAA are.
            Bad year to be Lincoln football.
            Go Hounds!
            B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
            Cyclone Power
            ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by BEARCAT View Post

Comment

I think it's a financial issue for Lincoln. They are in way over their heads and would be better off going NAIA or dropping football so they could use their athletic money for something better.

I mean, I can't imagine the sales job they make during recruiting trips. "Well, we have been the worst team in every league we've been in, and have no feasible plan to improve, but you should come here anyway."

Comment

Heck, even Billy J makes an effort to improve.

Comment

Comment

While visiting relatives Jeff City, I remember reading a News Tribune article after they left the MIAA because football was required for membership. The article said that some "big time" athletic donors threatened to stop giving if they didn't reinstate football.

Lincoln was obviously better off in the GLVC for football but the addition of Lindenwood meant the GLVC no longer needed them. The move by Bellermine leaves the GLVC at 15 teams but Lincoln doesn't offer several of the "required" sports in the conference.

Comment

I don't care how much you love playing football, getting the crap beat out of you every week would be a deal breaker for me. Lincoln dropped baseball in the last five years because they would only win a couple of games a year. They belong in D3, but even then I doubt they would be much more than a .500 team in football. I don't know the history of Lincoln joining the MIAA then leaving and then rejoining the MIAA, but I would guess that the MIAA got politically arm twisted because of the "minority factor". Anybody else share my arm twisting theory?

Comment

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post
                          I don't care how much you love playing football, getting the crap beat out of you every week would be a deal breaker for me. Lincoln dropped baseball in the last five years because they would only win a couple of games a year. They belong in D3, but even then I doubt they would be much more than a .500 team in football. I don't know the history of Lincoln joining the MIAA then leaving and then rejoining the MIAA, but I would guess that the MIAA got politically arm twisted because of the "minority factor". Anybody else share my arm twisting theory?
                          My theory was they offered football. I dont know why we have non football schools playing basketball. If that is allowed why cant Lincoln play basketball and drop out on the football side.

Comment

Lincoln should move up.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                              Lincoln should move up.

.....and the mules should do what?

"mooles" crowd - on your mark, ready, set, go.

Last edited by Donkeydamus; 11-02-2021, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X