Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

For those interested.... I got my first article up last night. Go easy on me folks.

https://www.d2football.com/glvc-colu...sQ1f6Qkx3lzBeE
    I know that you are somewhat is a confused state these days, since Larrywood moved conferences, but we are not the GLVC. We are the MIAA. Hope that clears up some of your confusion. hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

I know that you are somewhat is a confused state these days, since Larrywood moved conferences, but we are not the GLVC. We are the MIAA. Hope that clears up some of your confusion. hahahaha
      Click image for larger version

Name:	where-am-i-cnnwej.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	415018
      Cool Story Bro

Comment

For those interested.... I got my first article up last night. Go easy on me folks.

https://www.d2football.com/glvc-colu...sQ1f6Qkx3lzBeE
        Good job, Nerd.

Comment

Comment

https://www.d2football.com/miaa-columnist/

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	where-am-i-cnnwej.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	415018
              This is a selfie of:
              (A) Greenwood BearScat
              (B) The new NW blogger
              (C) The dean of animal breeding
              (D) All of the above

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

This is a selfie of:
                (A) Greenwood BearScat
                (B) The new NW blogger
                (D) All of the above
                Just how would you know the correct answer? :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
                  Great bearcat media student is the blogger. He really sucked as a poster, he is a Homer, and he has no sense of history of the conference. Bring back Ian

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post

Great bearcat media student is the blogger. He really sucked as a poster, he is a Homer, and he has no sense of history of the conference. Bring back Ian
                    I could have you write the columns and you would complain about yourself. ;)

HIstory and perspective are something I have thought about a lot.

It's kind of like the George Carlin joke about drivers. When a driver passes you, you say "look at that maniac he's going to kill himself." When a driver is in front of you slowing you down, you say "I wish this moron would get out of my way."

If someone has been around longer than you and references things you weren't around to see, you say that's too old and no one cares about that stuff. If someone is young and just starting, you say "they're too young and don't know anything."

I was 26 when I started this site and thought I knew enough. Well I knew enough to be dangerous. This is how it goes for everyone really. No matter how old you are and you think you know enough, you don't.

I agree that he's young but he's also energetic. I will work with him. I don't care if someone does or doesn't like his opinion. You didn't like Ian's. Someone doesn't like your's.

Having said that, find what you disagreed with him and I'll take a look at it because it will help me work with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I could have you write the columns and you would complain about yourself. ;)

HIstory and perspective are something I have thought about a lot.

It's kind of like the George Carlin joke about drivers. When a driver passes you, you say "look at that maniac he's going to kill himself." When a driver is in front of you slowing you down, you say "I wish this moron would get out of my way."

If someone has been around longer than you and references things you weren't around to see, you say that's too old and no one cares about that stuff. If someone is young and just starting, you say "they're too young and don't know anything."

I was 26 when I started this site and thought I knew enough. Well I knew enough to be dangerous. This is how it goes for everyone really. No matter how old you are and you think you know enough, you don't.

I agree that he's young but he's also energetic. I will work with him. I don't care if someone does or doesn't like his opinion. You didn't like Ian's. Someone doesn't like your's.

Having said that, find what you disagreed with him and I'll take a look at it because it will help me work with him.
                      As long as we are allowed to voice our opinion if it's good or sucks (more likely) than it's cool. It may just turn into a not read. A kid that idolized a program and players, and went to school with players he is writing about is dumb. But I can't wait for his week one fan fiction to come out, I may hate read it like I did Ians.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post

As long as we are allowed to voice our opinion if it's good or sucks (more likely) than it's cool. It may just turn into a not read. A kid that idolized a program and players, and went to school with players he is writing about is dumb. But I can't wait for his week one fan fiction to come out, I may hate read it like I did Ians.
                        You have never not been allowed to voice your opinion.

I absolutely agree that there are biases in us all and the biggest mistake young writers and broadcasters make is being too close to the guys on the teams at their own school. I see it happen with fans as well and I regularly call them out on it. Luckily, Devin is moving to Kansas City and the older he gets and the farther away he gets from them the better he will become.

You have the same biases, too, but yours are related to family. It's ok for you to have them but not ok to pretend like they don't exist. Your "fan fiction" is no different than anyone else's. The credit I'll give you is that I have actually read a post where you admitted you were wrong about something. That's better than a lot.

To address the italicized part. One time I was on the radio with Kevin Kugler who was doing the UNO play-by-play at the time. We were talking about Division II Football and he made a joke about me being a Northwest alum but running the D2 site. So I responded with, "Would you rather me have gone to Nebraska and not cared at all and not started the site?" It was a joke and everything was good natured, but the point still stands.

Everyone has to graduate from somewhere. You wouldn't be on here talking about D2 at all if your son hadn't gone to a D2 school. I wouldn't be running this site if I hadn't graduated from a D2 school. Everyone has to be from somewhere.

Almost everyone ever associated with this site has gone to a D2 school so they will have the same sort if biases that Kirk Herbstreit has talking about Ohio State and Kugler has talking about Nebraska, etc.

To believe that we could get a staff of volunteers comprised of people that went to D1, D3, or NAIA schools to run a site about D2 is not even in the realm of rational thought.

Comment

I absolutely agree that there are biases in us all and the biggest mistake young writers and broadcasters make is being too close to the guys on the teams at their own school. I see it happen with fans as well and I regularly call them out on it. Luckily, Devin is moving to Kansas City and the older he gets and the farther away he gets from them the better he will become.

You have the same biases, too, but yours are related to family. It's ok for you to have them but not ok to pretend like they don't exist. Your "fan fiction" is no different than anyone else's. The credit I'll give you is that I have actually read a post where you admitted you were wrong about something. That's better than a lot.

To address the italicized part. One time I was on the radio with Kevin Kugler who was doing the UNO play-by-play at the time. We were talking about Division II Football and he made a joke about me being a Northwest alum but running the D2 site. So I responded with, "Would you rather me have gone to Nebraska and not cared at all and not started the site?" It was a joke and everything was good natured, but the point still stands.

Everyone has to graduate from somewhere. You wouldn't be on here talking about D2 at all if your son hadn't gone to a D2 school. I wouldn't be running this site if I hadn't graduated from a D2 school. Everyone has to be from somewhere.

Almost everyone ever associated with this site has gone to a D2 school so they will have the same sort if biases that Kirk Herbstreit has talking about Ohio State and Kugler has talking about Nebraska, etc.

To believe that we could get a staff of volunteers comprised of people that went to D1, D3, or NAIA schools to run a site about D2 is not even in the realm of rational thought.
                          Well said

Comment

I can take Northwest, but did he have to be a Cardinals fan? :)

Comment

Other than the Chiefs, he clearly likes winners....

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

This is a selfie of:
                                (A) Greenwood BearScat
                                (B) The new NW blogger
                                (D) All of the above
                                I'm pretty sure it's Vision Pipe. Isn't he from South Maryville (Skidmore).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X