Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not that it matters to the MIAA board at all but, we got a text from the Dline coach at SWOSU.... the whole coaching staff was sacked. all of them.... the dline coach will be calling him asap from wherever he lands.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
      not that it matters to the MIAA board at all
      not so much as far as who they replace the coaches with - however HC Chet Pobolish was a former ESU Hornet player/assistant coach, and previous OC at Missouri Western. He'll probably be offered a soft landing spot in the MIAA

Comment

not that it matters to the MIAA board at all but, we got a text from the Dline coach at SWOSU.... the whole coaching staff was sacked. all of them.... the dline coach will be calling him asap from wherever he lands.
        Their head coach was at Missouri Western for a year and he had one or two Griffons on staff. Thanks for the update.

Comment

Roll Chos!

Comment

Career receptions leader Christian Hood is doing great things at Catoosa HS. I would say they should at least give him a phone call to see if he is interested.
            Roll Chos!

Comment

I was curious if they would keep Coach McCoy, as he was an All American LB at SWOSU. I guess not. I liked him, sad to see him go. I'm glad everyone else on our staff is gone though. I would imagine it's going to be tough for anyone on that staff to get another job after what they did to SWOSU.

Comment

Funnily enough, I've heard several people mention Bobeck for SWOSU. We don't want him either, and y'all definitely don't want anyone from our staff lmao

Comment

just mentioning it.

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post
                    Career receptions leader Christian Hood is doing great things at Catoosa HS. I would say they should at least give him a phone call to see if he is interested.
                    i know you played with him and hes doing great things up there but theres a pretty significant difference between 4a high school football and D2 college football

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post

Funnily enough, I've heard several people mention Bobeck for SWOSU. We don't want him either, and y'all definitely don't want anyone from our staff lmao
                      although he would be a huge step up, bobeck is no longer going to be coaching. anywhere. according to his talk with the players.

Comment

wonder if Bob Stitt is interested in coming back as a HC in D2? That would be a great fit at UCO

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post

I was curious if they would keep Coach McCoy, as he was an All American LB at SWOSU. I guess not. I liked him, sad to see him go. I'm glad everyone else on our staff is gone though. I would imagine it's going to be tough for anyone on that staff to get another job after what they did to SWOSU.
                          i was informed by the kid he was the one that was contacting him....he was the only one left. the DC contacted him also and told him he would be in contact.

Comment

although he would be a huge step up, bobeck is no longer going to be coaching. anywhere. according to his talk with the players.
                            That sucks to hear, while I think it was time for a change, he 100% made this program respectable again. When he came in 2012 the program was in shambles and suffering under NCAA sanctions from the Tracy Holland years. He is a good coach, wish him well.
                            Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

That sucks to hear, while I think it was time for a change, he 100% made this program respectable again. When he came in 2012 the program was in shambles and suffering under NCAA sanctions from the Tracy Holland years. He is a good coach, wish him well.
                              that is very true. i saw some of those teams...much better off now

Comment

I have heard from several people in the university currently who are concerned with intra-institution budget cuts, but I forgot the Richison factor.
                                Is UCO a sleeping giant, or a hybernating giant for the last 18 years? This isn't the NAIA heyday where the Chos dominated the in-state schools.

Back in the mid-00s a candidate for the UCO job was NWOSU coach Garin Higgins. Source:https://www.oklahoman.com/article/28...-hed-hire-josh

Meanwhile, Higgins landed at some slightly less backwater town than Alva that somehow manages to beat the Chos consistently while poaching Oklahoma recruits.

Let's just say what one of the big things we need is someone who has a great relationship with the HS coaches in the state. That is a real key factor with the Richison Stadium expansion to become a permanent host of the OSSAA championship games.
                                I propose a dark horse, I know former TU coach Bill Blankenship is coaching at Owasso. Maybe see if he is interested?

If OU and OSU are poaching all this state has to offer, maybe high school football has drastically detriorated in the past 20 or so years. I beg to differ. But to prove my point, in 2000 OU had 64 Okies on their roster, in 2021, 27.

https://www.soonerstats.com/football...?seasonid=2000
                                https://www.soonerstats.com/football...?seasonid=2021
                                Go Bronchos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X