Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

Hound football in playoffs, Hound soccer in State Final 4, students on Thanksgiving break, deer season, etc. Surprised there were that many.
    Also harvest/NW VB in MIAA tourney final/ NW soccer in D2 playoffs/no free tix for college students

Comment

• Go Bearcats!
      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

Boosters used to pay for a certain number of student tickets. Not sure if they still do that or at least help out some or not.
        Booster Club made available 175 student tickets, but the students don't have classes all week and it is my understanding they couldn't stay in the dorms, so I don't know how many were even in town. The Student Tailgating Lot was pretty much a Ghost Town...

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post

Also harvest/NW VB in MIAA tourney final/ NW soccer in D2 playoffs/no free tix for college students
          The booster club did buy 175 student tickets for students.
          Luck is where Preparation meets Opportunity

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Fro-th_and_goal View Post
              Props to BW for coming in and throwing the ball as well as he ever has. It is disappointing that so many NW fans (on here included) trash him just so when he struggles they can say they were right all along, imo. I understand and have the same criticisms of his game that everyone else does, I just don't understand all the hate. By the way, I am a fan of Hohensee and think he has better arm talent. I hope he is able able to come back next week (sounds like it at this point).
              Last edited by Alfred33; 11-21-2021, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• criticize the coach doesn't = fire him
                fire the coach doesn't = hate him
                criticize the qb doesn't = bench him
                bench the qb doesn't = hate him
                etc

there are lot of perks to the fishbowl but you have to accept the other side when the bullets fly as well
                Go Bearcats!
                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverGreen View Post

I saw a Facebook post that there was an allotment of free tickets for students. Maybe 250 or so.
                  According to social media it was 150.

Comment

• I remember when Todd Jones was a relief pitcher with the Detroit Tigers. He was doing a bull pen session, and a guy was standing there at the fence(it was just a waist high fence) with his young son in tow. This guy was laying it on Jones, telling him he sucked and various other tasteless taunts. When he finished, Jones was wiping down his head with a towel, came over and said to the guy "fair is fair; I don't head to the convenience store and rag your ass when you are pouring slurpees".

I know IO well, and he is not thin skinned. He would also be the first person to say something to someone at a CWU game if they crossed a line.

I officiate HS football; used to do college as well. They both have gotten well out of hand. Our culture is becoming more and more uncivilized.

Comment

• Are you saying that we have not evolved as a society since that time?

Comment

• The young CWU players represented the school well. Though down, they never gave up, kept returning kickoffs until they popped one. Finally the Flanagan kid (he's a tough one!) got in from the one after his long run put them inside the 5. After the game the team went over to greet their fans. I expect them to be back in the PO's next season.

Regarding the taunting from the stands: While I found it repulsive, I have heard and been subjected to much worse. I just tune it out.

Last edited by NW Normal; 11-22-2021, 08:42 PM. Reason: Added photo of Fans applauding the Wildcats

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X