Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Definitely a hard fought game but the title game was tough too-NWMSU 30 GVSU 23.
    Jake Soy had a game winning touchdown reception on a fade on 4th down. Dude was sooo good.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
      Definitely a hard fought game but the title game was tough too-NWMSU 30 GVSU 23.

Comment

Originally posted by Devin Albertson View Post

Jake Soy had a game winning touchdown reception on a fade on 4th down. Dude was sooo good.
        Yep, watching him hobble up and down the field in 2010 was a shame, yet he was still usually the best wideout on the field.

His 2009 season was one for the ages.

Comment

[QUOTE=ForeverGreen;n629958]

Comment

Comment

Getting back to the 2009 NW/CWU game. The three plays that I remember most vividly are Kilgore's pick six, the pass interference call on Ike in the end zone, and of course the blocked PAT.

Chad Kilgore's interception was the only thing that NW had to show for the first half. On CWU's final drive they were picking on our fifth d-back and drew the pass interference call. I remember Roach saying that they triple teamed the right guard and somehow he got through to get a 'paw" on the ball. AD told me that he didn't even see the PAT as he was busy scripting plays for OT. When he heard the kick, then the second 'thud' he realized that it had been blocked. It was the second most memorable NW FB game that I ever attended. The first being the four OT NC game in 1999.

I am expecting CWU to come into Maryville looking for revenge. I hope the current Bearcat team is ready to play up to their potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Has the field dried out yet?
                Only dried out after they put in turf.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                  Getting back to the 2009 NW/CWU game. The three plays that I remember most vividly are Kilgore's pick six, the pass interference call on Ike in the end zone, and of course the blocked PAT.

Chad Kilgore's interception was the only thing that NW had to show for the first half. On CWU's final drive they were picking on our fifth d-back and drew the pass interference call. I remember Roach saying that they triple teamed the right guard and somehow he got through to get a 'paw" on the ball. AD told me that he didn't even see the PAT as he was busy scripting plays for OT. When he heard the kick, then the second 'thud' he realized that it had been blocked. It was the second most memorable NW FB game that I ever attended. The first being the four OT NC game in 1999.

I am expecting CWU to come into Maryville looking for revenge. I hope the current Bearcat team is ready to play up to their potential.
                  Lots of memories being stirred up.

Not sure of the revenge factor since the current team was in elementary school in 2009, maybe a few middle school at the time and I believe just one or two coaches, different AD, etc. However, I believe the factor is just the fact that we're in the playoffs. Also, I hope CWU comes in with a chip on their shoulder due to a lack of respect (which considering only their schedule, the lack of respect is understood................don't worry, we all hate the schedule too). If we were to pick a uphill battle type of game to open the playoffs, I'm not sure there's a more difficult team to do it against. I can't wait for the game and I hope 99% of all the prognosticators are wrong.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
                    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

Good to see them take care of it.

Comment

Lots of memories being stirred up.

Not sure of the revenge factor since the current team was in elementary school in 2009, maybe a few middle school at the time and I believe just one or two coaches, different AD, etc. However, I believe the factor is just the fact that we're in the playoffs.
                        I think it is important to point this out.

Administrators and coaches will come and go, and if they're not connected to the university, it's most likely just a job to them. Sometimes just a stop on their way up.

Fans and players are a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Good to see them take care of it.
                          You will have to venture out west and see the upgraded digs.

Goods, however, is banned from the Alumni Plaza because he thinks they should serve white zin.....

Comment

Beware the Rickenbrode Rowdies. They give up their preferred seats to the visitors, making them surly and loud! :)

Comment

I thought it had been watered the last 3 weeks with all the rain.

Comment

If this is the last game CWU plays in the GNAC, not sure it could be against a better program. I know CWU fans of course are hoping it is not the last GNAC football game as there will be none next year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X