Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the tav View Post

That's okay CWU holds practice at 9am Alaska time so that shouldn't be a issue.
    I saw practice Thursday. Looks like they were having fun.

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
      Tyler Roach have any eligibility left?
      That one...............................hurts.

Comment

I was a big Minnesota Twins fan as a kid and just realized Gary Gaetti was a Northwest Missouri alum. Who's more popular during homecoming Kim Reynolds or Gary Gaetti. HaHa

Comment

Originally posted by BEARCAT View Post
          I haven't heard a ton but they're obviously good (8-2). What do you all know about them?
          Congrats to UNK and Washburn on making the playoffs also.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
            NW is about mystic and aura. That supercedes the lack of comparison due to silo.
            Go Bearcats!
            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
              I bet you guys have turned on the sprinklers on your field already.
              HOF post.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

I can't see CWU being within 20 of the Bearcats.

NW will take advantage of our youth and inexperience. Hope we can learn a lesson to take into next year.

Comment

Four of the few Bearcats who were at Ellensburg in 2009. Ah, what a day!
                    Last edited by NW Normal; 11-15-2021, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Is Glasper a better runner or passer? Do they design runs for him or is it more adlib running?

Comment

I was looking into CWU for the last few weeks..assuming they'd land in the SR4 bracket. In any event..here's some basic info during my look-in..

CWU at Western Oregon (full game)
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3PzyaB9Uj4&t=1973s

Not a lot of CWU games to find online....but this is after they'd moved to their frosh QB who's a bit of dual threat. My eyes say he's got some speed once he gets going by not a quick escaping kinda guy. Throws a nice ball. Two RB's seem to tote the load for them this year....Colorado State xfer is #26 and then #21, who I think he a little more spring in his step. #21 catches balls also..not #26. Run based squad who will pass about 20 times a game in competitive games. Only played 2 solid games this year....won, lost. Defense seems decent..but so hard to tell with such little data against capable opponents.

Here's their schedule page..
                        https://wildcatsports.com/sports/football/schedule/2021

Started the year with a tall drop back passer..then switched after a few games. Their starting QB bolted a year ago and went to CO Mesa..but didn't get the job there and got hurt in the process. Then their top RB went to Pueblo as well....so they are young but have done a nice job of landing in the playoffs.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                            Awful, awful day.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                              Things have changed a lot since then, as far as the facility.

Have a new field turf set up, and added state of the art lighting. Also, the track was moved and new grandstands in on the visiting side. Also, each end zone has a new pavilion and viewing. And the biggest change is new urinals so that there doesn't need to be signage to distinguish the urinals from the sinks....

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                                I was looking into CWU for the last few weeks..assuming they'd land in the SR4 bracket. In any event..here's some basic info during my look-in..

CWU at Western Oregon (full game)
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3PzyaB9Uj4&t=1973s

Not a lot of CWU games to find online....but this is after they'd moved to their frosh QB who's a bit of dual threat. My eyes say he's got some speed once he gets going by not a quick escaping kinda guy. Throws a nice ball. Two RB's seem to tote the load for them this year....Colorado State xfer is #26 and then #21, who I think he a little more spring in his step. #21 catches balls also..not #26. Run based squad who will pass about 20 times a game in competitive games. Only played 2 solid games this year....won, lost. Defense seems decent..but so hard to tell with such little data against capable opponents.

Here's their schedule page..
                                https://wildcatsports.com/sports/football/schedule/2021

Started the year with a tall drop back passer..then switched after a few games. Their starting QB bolted a year ago and went to CO Mesa..but didn't get the job there and got hurt in the process. Then their top RB went to Pueblo as well....so they are young but have done a nice job of landing in the playoffs.
                                Glasper has done a nice job at QB in the games he's played. He can keep plays going with his legs, but isn't super accurate throwing deep. Lemming can throw the ball a mile, but his decision making is poor and got rattled, that's why he lost the starting job. Flanagan has emerged as the starter at RB as he's faster than Boddie. They have complementing styles of running that mix things up if one is having a bad day. Defensively they've been solid. Dontae Hamilton is the best player, but they have some solid linemen and some solid cornerbacks.

After losing to Angelo, I was shocked by how well the team did against Midwestern the next week. I thought they were going to be an average team, but instead they put it together and knocked off a good team earning them this spot in the playoffs. So I wouldn't be surprised by an upset against NW, but I'm definitely not expecting one.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X