Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All MIAA Team (participation awards?)

What the hell did this award become. We list two qbs as first team? Teams only can have one starting qb, but for this we have two first team qbs? Congrats to all the kids that made it. But after a first team, second team, third team, and honorable mention - you just had to have a pulse and be eligible

What's So Bad About Feeling Good? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1et-3pwPHc

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
        You have to be on a winning team to be considered typically. Otherwise your stuck on honorable mention.
        Or you could be good. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Or you could be good. ;)
          The vote always goes to the teams with the best standings. It's the way it has always been. But if they are giving out participation trophies I guess you don't have to pick THE best. Just the top few ;). Still wouldn't be LU or NSU though

Comment

https://themiaa.com/news/2021/11/16/...on-awards.aspx

Comment

The vote always goes to the teams with the best standings. It's the way it has always been. But if they are giving out participation trophies I guess you don't have to pick THE best. Just the top few ;). Still wouldn't be LU or NSU though
              This is especially true with offensive line. No stats. You'd really need to get all the defensive line coaches in the league together and have them say who had the best film when they studied

Comment

I mean not even just first team, they had two qbs for each tier. Half the leagues qbs got honored. Have they always done this or is it new this year. Did Schurig pull some strings to make sure his boy got first team. Offensive player of the year is literally another qb. Does that kid just see himself as 1B??

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                  I mean not even just first team, they had two qbs for each tier. Half the leagues qbs got honored. Have they always done this or is it new this year. Did Schurig pull some strings to make sure his boy got first team. Offensive player of the year is literally another qb. Does that kid just see himself as 1B??

Comment

I was just giving you a hard time.

I agree. I prefer a more exclusive team. If I counted correctly, there are 153 players on the team. That's 153/1,200. We limit our All-America team to 100 players. That's 100/17,000.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post

This is especially true with offensive line. No stats. You'd really need to get all the defensive line coaches in the league together and have them say who had the best film when they studied
                      I agree, but the coaches are the ones that vote on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I was just giving you a hard time.

I agree. I prefer a more exclusive team. If I counted correctly, there are 153 players on the team. That's 153/1,200. We limit our All-America team to 100 players. That's 100/17,000.
                        I know, the numbers are crazy.

Comment

Reflects ties in voting

First time in a while the outright conference champ was not named COTY.

Comment

I know, the numbers are crazy.
                            Top 12.5%

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                              Reflects ties in voting

First time in a while the outright conference champ was not named COTY.
                              Obviously, more coaches thought that Lynn deserved the award. Plus, if you can believe what you read here, he did it with fewer scholarships.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X