X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

It usually happens when small D1 basketball schools also field football. They put those squads in FCS. And at this point, ACU would likely be considered a basketball school after they knocked Texas off in the first round of March Madness this year
      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

There numerous FCS teams from schools of 5k and less.
        But are they successful? From what I read, to be successful in FCS you should have an enrollment of at least 10,000 (15,000 for FBS).

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post

But are they successful? From what I read, to be successful in FCS you should have an enrollment of at least 10,000 (15,000 for FBS).
          Last edited by UNALions; 11-22-2021, 12:02 PM.
          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

I'd wager the financial part of it is significantly more important than enrollment...enrollment isn't paying the athletic bills and FCS teams aren't necessarily raking in millions from their gate and TV.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post

Notre Dame is busting a gut. It's all about money.

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

Also puts Josh Lamberson in the hiring line most likely. If not AD, then Lamberson?

LOL - Josh was the OC at UCM and then left to take the head coaching job at UNK. Josh went 1 - 21 in two years at UNK before jumping ship to become Adam's OC at ACU. And you think UCO would be interested in Josh as a head coach, seriously? I don't see how Josh ever gets another head coaching interview after the way he stiffed the players at UNK. He might get a OC job somewhere, but a D2 head coaching job is laughable.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Notre Dame is busting a gut. It's all about money.
                      Enrollment at ND is 8,800 undergrad and 4,000 graduate students. 12,800 total. Plus they have Touchdown Jesus!

Comment

small enrollment is nbd if you started winning rose bowls in 1927 and have a $12 billion endowment.

enrollment typically correlates with $ but there are other factors.

teachers colleges produce fewer bored billionaires with $ to blow on shiny facilities.
                        schools that have only recently acquired university status also have less $
                        50 yrs ago mowest taught home ec & shop, we were just acquiring univ status, & at that time notre dame was polishing off their 5th mnc, long had univ status & research $, not to mention their expansive & significant subway alumnus network

notre dame is a unicorn idk that they prove anything relative to this discussion
                        Go Bearcats!
                        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Why do some posters keep comparing D2 schools to Notre Dame? There are several differences besides enrollment, public vs private. Small town surrounded by farmland vs a Catholic college with a national following near a major city.

If you want to compare apples to apples what about Boise State, or as they were known in 1965 Boise JC?
                          Go Bronchos!

Comment

Go Bearcats!
                            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Now it is. What did they do? Comparing a NW, PSU, or ESU to Notre Dame by enrollment alone is like comparing canned chili to canned corn. Same sized container but the contents are totally different.
                              Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
                                Adam was fired last night after game.

https://ktxs.com/sports/college-spor...ch-adam-dorrel

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X