Go Hounds!
    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
    Cyclone Power
    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
      Adam was fired last night after game.

https://ktxs.com/sports/college-spor...ch-adam-dorrel
      That's too bad, he's one of the very best. I think it's a lot about timing, some of the very best coaches don't have success in new venues. I feel for him and his family he's one of the best people and best coaches I have ever known.
      Northwest Missouri State University
      BEARCATS

Comment

Could they afford him? Surely he takes a FCS OC job.

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
          Adam was fired last night after game.

https://ktxs.com/sports/college-spor...ch-adam-dorrel

Comment

I would be stupidity on their part if they didn't contact him and ask if there was any interest.
            Go Hounds!
            B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
            Cyclone Power
            ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by Fro-th_and_goal View Post

Could they afford him? Surely he takes a FCS OC job.
              Also puts Josh Lamberson in the hiring line most likely. If not AD, then Lamberson?
              Go Hounds!
              B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
              Cyclone Power
              ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Go Bearcats!
                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Wonder if AD regrets leaving NW
                  hope he gets a good D1 OC job.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARCAT View Post

That's too bad, he's one of the very best. I think it's a lot about timing, some of the very best coaches don't have success in new venues. I feel for him and his family he's one of the best people and best coaches I have ever known.
                    Was that his first time being involved in a rebuild type situation as a coach?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Was that his first time being involved in a rebuild type situation as a coach?
                      He rebuilt a struggling NW team ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post

He rebuilt a struggling NW team ;-)
                        I've been watching this conference for close to 20 years. His stretch as NW head coach gave some of the most dominant teams in the conference. Can he rebuild a school, has shown he couldn't at fcs level with Abilene. But everything is timing and location. I think NW had far more talent on defense than anyone else in the country when he was head coach at NW, that they would have won titles regardless. You literally could not pass protect with 6 vs them. What i did notice is, that the NW offense has been flat since he left. Particularly the offensive line. I haven't seen what I consider a typical NW oline unit in years. If he is going to be successful building a program in the MIAA he is going to have lock up the talent in his region (if it were UCO - don't let them leave the state), and get recruiters like Hays has with McCray, that can pick up talent in Florida or other states

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post

I've been watching this conference for close to 20 years. His stretch as NW head coach gave some of the most dominant teams in the conference. Can he rebuild a school, has shown he couldn't at fcs level with Abilene. But everything is timing and location. I think NW had far more talent on defense than anyone else in the country when he was head coach at NW, that they would have won titles regardless. You literally could not pass protect with 6 vs them. What i did notice is, that the NW offense has been flat since he left. Particularly the offensive line. I haven't seen what I consider a typical NW oline unit in years. If he is going to be successful building a program in the MIAA he is going to have lock up the talent in his region (if it were UCO - don't let them leave the state), and get recruiters like Hays has with McCray, that can pick up talent in Florida or other states
                          Oh and budget. Look at top teams in the conference and look at budget. How committed are they to building something

Comment

ACU would schedule two unwinnable non-conference road games against large schools to make money. As a result the players would get physically beat down, mentally demoralized, and go 0-2 to start the season. It's hard to get on top when you have to crawl out of a hole. The question is, "Does a school of 5,000 students have a place in D1 football?" Time will tell. I wish them well.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                              ACU would schedule two unwinnable non-conference road games against large schools to make money. As a result the players would get physically beat down, mentally demoralized, and go 0-2 to start the season. It's hard to get on top when you have to crawl out of a hole. The question is, "Does a school of 5,000 students have a place in D1 football?" Time will tell. I wish them well.
                              There numerous FCS teams from schools of 5k and less.
                              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X