Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorrel to UCO?

Last edited by tarcat; 11-21-2021, 01:09 PM.

I'm sure Dorrel can pick and choose where he wants to go. UCO has long been the "sleeping giant". What's prevented them from taking the next step that UNK and FHSU seem to have taken?

Is it institutional commitment to success? If so, is AD going to want to go into a situation where he's not given everything he wants?

Honest questions, not being snarky.
    Cool Story Bro

Comment

Comment

Comment

I would assume he would have lots of options. I wonder if he would be interested in coming back to d2 to take another shot at rebuilding a program, or if he would prefer to go the d1 assistant route as a path back to head coaching.

Comment

Comment

IDK. Some schools don't contact people unless they apply.

I can see both sides. You don't want to miss put on an opportunity to get the right person, but also may not want someone who didn't originally have interest.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Comment

Unrealistic but imagine how much Pitt would have paid him if they released Beck this year

Comment

Comment

I assume ACU Ast Coach Josh Lamberson (former NW QB, Ast Coach under UCM HC Svoboda, and eventual HC at SE Oklahoma, as well as 2 year stint as UNK HC) followed HC Adam Dorrel out the door? Tough gig for Dorrel, or any HC, to have kicked off ACU's jump into D1 FCS. Just curious, was there any truth Dorrel was primarily motivated to move from all of his success at NW and a Maryville community he loved because of a certain NW 'character' he didn't get care for? I don't want to offer the name, altho I would if I knew it was true. Never cared for the guy myself.
                        Last edited by ZubCat81; 11-21-2021, 07:14 PM.

Comment

I never heard that and figured he left Northwest for more money and a new challenge. (If true I think I could guess who you are referring of though)

Comment

Originally posted by tarcat View Post
                            I never heard that and figured he left Northwest for more money and a new challenge. (If true I think I could guess who you are referring of though)
                            I would regard the individual(s) as very reliable, although I would agree the ACU move on its own would still have been a pretty solid reason to leave when he did.

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
                              I assume ACU Ast Coach Josh Lamberson (former NW QB, Ast Coach under UCM HC Svoboda, and eventual HC at SE Oklahoma, as well as 2 year stint as UNK HC) followed HC Adam Dorrel out the door? Tough gig for Dorrel, or any HC, to have kicked off ACU's jump into D1 FCS. Just curious, was there any truth Dorrel was primarily motivated to move from all of his success at NW and a Maryville community he loved because of a certain NW 'character' he didn't get care for? I don't want to offer the name, altho I would if I knew it was true. Never cared for the guy myself.
                              Vision pipe?
                              Cool Story Bro

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X