Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNK @ ASU

The Lopers face a long road trip to take on a Rams team that is playing really well right now. My initial thought is that UNK is going to have to play a great game on offense and win a shootout. I have a tough time seeing the UNK defense keeping Angelo in check.

I wouldn't worry as much about the Ram offense as I would their defense. They're pretty tough.
    Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
      I wouldn't worry as much about the Ram offense as I would their defense. They're pretty tough.
      Fair enough. I did see that Angelo statistically is a good defense. But UNK has scored at least 28 points in every game except against Northwest. I've come to expect the Lopers to be able to put up points. The defense is more unpredictable. They play well for stretches but also have stretches where they gave up big plays or just can't get off the field on 3rd down. Even in his post game press conference Saturday, Coach Lynn said (joking to a degree of course) that the way the year has gone, he wouldn't feel comfortable with a 5 touchdown lead.

Comment

Comment

Excited for Saturday! Long trip down there to face the Rams. Hoping the offense and defense are firing on all cylinders.

UNK Loper Football - 32 Conference Titles, 5 NCAA Playoff Appearances, 2 Harlon Hill Runner-Ups

Comment

Your football analysis is odd. What were you watching?

FYI....Angelo was without their QB vs CWU & MSU-Texas. His first game back was WTAMU and of course he was not 100% and rusty. That was Angelo's "trap" game of the year.

Back to the game vs UMD, Angelo put up 41 - ZILCH in the first half, then played the clock out. Anything UMD got, they got after the "football education" they received.

THIS tells the real story.....(OBJECTIVELY not SUBJECTIVELY):

https://angelosports.com/sports/foot.../boxscore/4942

UNK is taking the MIAA by surprise. You guys don't face Lynn's type of offense. LSC teams played against that offense for YEARS and know it well.

In my ignorant, amateur opinion, if Angelo is firing on all cylinders this could be a blowout, but realistically I expect Angelo to win by 10+. IF Angelo has a REALLY, REALLY bad day, I expect a close game.

Comment

Originally posted by Micheal View Post
              Excited for Saturday! Long trip down there to face the Rams. Hoping the offense and defense are firing on all cylinders.
              Have a safe trip. Hope for a clean and great game of football.

Comment

Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post

Fair enough. I did see that Angelo statistically is a good defense. But UNK has scored at least 28 points in every game except against Northwest. I've come to expect the Lopers to be able to put up points. The defense is more unpredictable. They play well for stretches but also have stretches where they gave up big plays or just can't get off the field on 3rd down. Even in his post game press conference Saturday, Coach Lynn said (joking to a degree of course) that the way the year has gone, he wouldn't feel comfortable with a 5 touchdown lead.
                This should be a good match up.

I think the battle will be in the trenches.

Angelo could easily put up 50 pts if they are on fire. Or, if their usually stellar defense has a bad day, the Ram offense may barely touch the field.

Really, either team could win this game. Depends on who shows up.

I give Angelo the dubya.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
                  M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

FYI....Angelo was without their QB vs CWU & MSU-Texas. His first game back was WTAMU and of course he was not 100% and rusty. That was Angelo's "trap" game of the year.

Back to the game vs UMD, Angelo put up 41 - ZILCH in the first half, then played the clock out. Anything UMD got, they got after the "football education" they received.

THIS tells the real story.....(OBJECTIVELY not SUBJECTIVELY):

https://angelosports.com/sports/foot.../boxscore/4942

UNK is taking the MIAA by surprise. You guys don't face Lynn's type of offense. LSC teams played against that offense for YEARS and know it well.

In my ignorant, amateur opinion, if Angelo is firing on all cylinders this could be a blowout, but realistically I expect Angelo to win by 10+. IF Angelo has a REALLY, REALLY bad day, I expect a close game.

Comment

Well, I HOPE you're wrong....lol.

Listen, I arm chair QB with the best of 'em. ;)

Comment

"Pops" is one of my favorite LSC posters. Gives it to the WT crowd!!! But Pops understand this is a completely different option offense. ENMU's option was completely under center running man blocking schemes. UNK's Option is completely in the gun running zone schemes. While some of the principles are the same this is a much different attack. ASU has no experience with this thing. This is a really interesting match up.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I was very impressed with the Angelo defense. CWU was missing Glasper, and that hurt the CWU O. The QB for CWU was 9-33 and two picks.

Angelo rushed 47 times for 123, an average of 2.6/carry. I think that shows a bit about the CWU defense. CWU was a rushing juggernaut this season, and the Angelo D held them to a net of 88 yards rushing on 38 carries. No other team came close to stopping CWU's running game except NW last week.

I heard from a lot of folks that said it was a boring game. It was a defensive battle, with both teams really getting after it on D.

I think this Angelo team is better than the Commerce team that won it all in 2017.

Comment

Is UNK flying a charter into San Angelo?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post

"Pops" is one of my favorite LSC posters. Gives it to the WT crowd!!! But Pops understand this is a completely different option offense. ENMU's option was completely under center running man blocking schemes. UNK's Option is completely in the gun running zone schemes. While some of the principles are the same this is a much different attack. ASU has no experience with this thing. This is a really interesting match up.
                              The unk offense is like the triple option got the zone read offense pregnant and had a baby.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X