Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorillas in Las Cruces

Jerry Kill (now healthy?!) will be named HC at New Mexico State where Tim Beck will be OC and Nate Dreiling DC. So it'll be the NMSU Gorilla Cowboys!! https://footballscoop.com/news/jerry...e-coordinators

Congrats to all of them. I hope Kill's health continues to be good.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Try II View Post
        Jerry Kill (now healthy?!) will be named HC at New Mexico State where Tim Beck will be OC and Nate Dreiling DC. So it'll be the NMSU Gorilla Cowboys!! https://footballscoop.com/news/jerry...e-coordinators
        I've met Tim Beck and Nate Dreiling at coaching clinics over the years....very impressive guys. Jerry Kills' resume and career speak for themselves.....New Mexico State hit a home run as far as I can see....I wish them all much success.
        Northwest Missouri State University
        BEARCATS

Comment

He will need all the help he can get. The culture there for football is pathetic. Probably worst job in D1. No football culture, poorly funded, no local football talent to recruit and no backing from alumni. Athletes they recruit only go there as a last resort. Who really wants to go to Las Cruces. The Aggies are basically a desert island surrounded by sand. Tarleton drummed them this past spring. Best of luck on mission impossible. Two winning seasons since 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
            He will need all the help he can get. The culture there for football is pathetic. Probably worst job in D1. No football culture, poorly funded, no local football talent to recruit and no backing from alumni. Athletes they recruit only go there as a last resort. Who really wants to go to Las Cruces. The Aggies are basically a desert island surrounded by sand. Tarleton drummed them this past spring. Best of luck on mission impossible. Two winning seasons since 2000.
            hate to be THAT guy.... didnt east central beat tarelton last spring?

Comment

If there is anyone that can change the culture of a place it's Jerry Kill. He has a unique ability to get people to buy into what he is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post

If there is anyone that can change the culture of a place it's Jerry Kill. He has a unique ability to get people to buy into what he is doing.
                The AD at New Mexico State knows full well what Jerry Kill can do. He hired Coach Kill to be the head coach at Southern Illinois.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

hate to be THAT guy.... didnt east central beat tarelton last spring?
                  Yes, they did. Tarleton is only going to get worse for the next two seasons until they clear transition. Hard to recruit and get motivated when you are playing for pride only. They did win some FCS games this year but only a few.

Is your boy still playing? I know its been a rough go at UCO. At least not as bad as Northeastern.

Comment

Yes, they did. Tarleton is only going to get worse for the next two seasons until they clear transition. Hard to recruit and get motivated when you are playing for pride only. They did win some FCS games this year but only a few.

Is your boy still playing? I know its been a rough go at UCO. At least not as bad as Northeastern.
                    no he graduated 2 years ago. he was the grad assistant oline coach until about 2 weeks ago lol. its aight. he's about to finish up his masters.

i think what the problem is loyalty. theres such thing as being too loyal to people. know what i mean?

Comment

no he graduated 2 years ago. he was the grad assistant oline coach until about 2 weeks ago lol. its aight. he's about to finish up his masters.

i think what the problem is loyalty. theres such thing as being too loyal to people. know what i mean?
                      Jim Traber says that all the time.

Good luck to Kill and his Aggies. I have felt for them always being snubbed in realignment talks.
                      Go Bronchos!

Comment

He also was the assistant AD at Southwest Texas State (now Texas State) when I was there and they (SWT AD at the time was Former Mizzou AD Mike Alden) passed on Jerry Kill as head coach. Kill will do a good job if he can remain healthy. It will be interesting who will make up his staff.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X