Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post

This needs to happen. NW Bearcat-Lamkin Arena easily has the potential to be expanded to incorporate itself into NW Bearcat-Rickenbrode Stadium ... something that could easily add a popular walking plaza the length of the field similar to what exists at the top of Washburn's visitor's side of their football stadium. More importantly, the expansion of the Bearcat-Lamkin Arena could also include, not only additional suites for football's Bearcat Stadium, but maybe more importantly, additional press boxes that would offer future TV and steaming telecasts that would finally offer the additional view in the direction of the West Grandstand. Personally, I'm tired of all the past ESPN telecasts that had their TV cameras directed toward what appears to be a high school visitor's section on the opposite side of the field at Bearcat-Rickenbrode Stadium. Time to turn the camera's in a far more impressive opposite direction toward the West Grandstand. NW Alumni do a hell of a job filling their side of the stadium and that looks impressive for TV purposes. Better image for NW and the football program. There is a way to offer this expansion that would not only benefit Bearcat-Rickenbrode Stadium, but add the additional seating and other modifications needed to greatly expand seating for Bearcat-Lamkin Arena and Bearcat basketball. For all that HC McCollum and Bearcat basketball has accomplished these recent years it would simply be a huge benefit, not only for NW basketball, but for NW Bearcat football. There's not enough words to express how important these two programs currently have been and presently are for NW. Certainly, not to forget our hotshot NW Volleyball program on the rise. Absolutely were a blast to watch this past season.

I know, maybe the wrong thread. But, the changes for Bearcat-Lamkin Arena would have a huge impact for the future of Bearcat football, as well. If you ever sit at the top of the West Grandstand at Bearcat-Rickenbrode Stadium, and stare across the way to the opposite side of the field, the changes that could be made to Bearcat-Lamkin Arena and the Recreation Center on the north side that would benefit Bearcat-Rickenbrode Stadium are staring you right in the face.
    I have often thought exactly what you are thinking in this post. Bearcat Arena is at an impasse in terms of maintenance. Deferred maintenance really is no longer an option for that building. Incorporating it into Bearcat Stadium so that it enhances both facilities I think could be done. And while they are at it, replace those G-awful chair back seats in Bearcat Stadium and make all seating nice chair backs with enough leg room to walk between rows. That was a major screw up from the beginning.
    Last edited by CatFan88; 12-05-2021, 07:55 AM.
    Go Hounds!
    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
    Cyclone Power
    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

• Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

I have often thought exactly what you are thinking in this post. Bearcat Arena is at an impasse in terms of maintenance. Deferred maintenance really is no longer an option for that building. Incorporating it into Bearcat Stadium so that it enhances both facilities I think could be done. And while they are at it, replace those G-awful chair back seats in Bearcat Stadium and make all seating nice chair backs with enough leg room to walk between rows. That was a major screw up from the beginning.
      All great ideas. How do our basketball facilities compare to the other miaa schools and t other d2 facilities. The basketball program has earned and deserves the best facilities possible

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
        Is NW becoming a basketball school? NW has 3 National BB titles since their last FB title
        Just a crazy accomplishment. Could have possibly been 4 titles if the post season in 2020 had not been canceled by covid

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I don't mind trash talk. The Nw frat dbags coming to the Pitt side with the sole intention of starting fights at arrowhead, one drunk Pitt fan who brought his kid in for free, then insisted that he was entitled to give his kid the seat and stand behind his seats instead of in front of them, and the Washburn fans clapping and hollering while the Pitt qb was hurt have been my only bad fan experiences.
          Yeah from my bad experience it has been the college aged NW fans that have been bad apples. On two occasions race was brought up by some kids that ovrerserved themselves. Really annoyed about that for a while, but dumb stuff can happen anywhere

Comment

• Bearcat stadium is quickly deteriorating because of cheap construction methods. Time to implode and start over

Comment

• Go Bearcats!
              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                Bearcat stadium is quickly deteriorating because of cheap construction methods. Time to implode and start over
                Go Bearcats!
                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                  Bearcat stadium is quickly deteriorating because of cheap construction methods. Time to implode and start over
                  Was it cheap construction or poor design. I know the stair issue mentioned on here sounded like a design failure.

It is fairly common for churches and occasionally schools, to weasel alumni or member designers into donating time or providing it at a cut rate. Sometimes that leads to issues down the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by MEAN GREEN MACHINE View Post

Just a crazy accomplishment. Could have possibly been 4 titles if the post season in 2020 had not been canceled by covid
                    Coach Ben Mccollum does an amazing job,
                    Looking at Bearcats record, McCollum is 300-78 overall. Just wow.
                    <>

Comment

• Originally posted by MEAN GREEN MACHINE View Post

Comment

This needs to happen. NW Bearcat-Lamkin Arena easily has the potential to be expanded to incorporate itself into NW Bearcat-Rickenbrode Stadium ... something that could easily add a popular walking plaza the length of the field similar to what exists at the top of Washburn's visitor's side of their football stadium. More importantly, the expansion of the Bearcat-Lamkin Arena could also include, not only additional suites for football's Bearcat Stadium, but maybe more importantly, additional press boxes that would offer future TV and steaming telecasts that would finally offer the additional view in the direction of the West Grandstand. Personally, I'm tired of all the past ESPN telecasts that had their TV cameras directed toward what appears to be a high school visitor's section on the opposite side of the field at Bearcat-Rickenbrode Stadium. Time to turn the camera's in a far more impressive opposite direction toward the West Grandstand. NW Alumni do a hell of a job filling their side of the stadium and that looks impressive for TV purposes. Better image for NW and the football program. There is a way to offer this expansion that would not only benefit Bearcat-Rickenbrode Stadium, but add the additional seating and other modifications needed to greatly expand seating for Bearcat-Lamkin Arena and Bearcat basketball. For all that HC McCollum and Bearcat basketball has accomplished these recent years it would simply be a huge benefit, not only for NW basketball, but for NW Bearcat football. There's not enough words to express how important these two programs currently have been and presently are for NW. Certainly, not to forget our hotshot NW Volleyball program on the rise. Absolutely were a blast to watch this past season.

I know, maybe the wrong thread. But, the changes for Bearcat-Lamkin Arena would have a huge impact for the future of Bearcat football, as well. If you ever sit at the top of the West Grandstand at Bearcat-Rickenbrode Stadium, and stare across the way to the opposite side of the field, the changes that could be made to Bearcat-Lamkin Arena and the Recreation Center on the north side that would benefit Bearcat-Rickenbrode Stadium are staring you right in the face.

Comment

• ^^*getting out checkbook*
                          Go Bearcats!
                          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• That would hurt one of my memories of growing up in Maryville, as my Father set the steel and poured concrete for the Fine Arts Building with his crane.

Comment

• barf.

Comment

This needs to happen. NW Bearcat-Lamkin Arena easily has the potential to be expanded to incorporate itself into NW Bearcat-Rickenbrode Stadium ..
                                no

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X