Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

I have often thought exactly what you are thinking in this post. Bearcat Arena is at an impasse in terms of maintenance. Deferred maintenance really is no longer an option for that building. Incorporating it into Bearcat Stadium so that it enhances both facilities I think could be done. And while they are at it, replace those G-awful chair back seats in Bearcat Stadium and make all seating nice chair backs with enough leg room to walk between rows. That was a major screw up from the beginning.
    no

Comment

And while they are at it, replace those G-awful chair back seats in Bearcat Stadium and make all seating nice chair backs with enough leg room to walk between rows. That was a major screw up from the beginning.
      yes

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Was it cheap construction or poor design. I know the stair issue mentioned on here sounded like a design failure.
        The stairs were to be enclosed similar to Washburn.

Comment

Northwest is a basketball school now.
          There is no such thing as a basketball school. There are only schools without good football programs.

Comment

• Parking for basketball should never be a consideration for implosion and constructing a parking garage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenman View Post

barf.
              Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Parking for basketball should never be a consideration for implosion and constructing a parking garage.
              I was being sArCaStIc, but it takes too long to type like that... just ask @northwest missouri state how time consuming it is to hit the shift key.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

The stairs were to be enclosed similar to Washburn.

Comment

i can see where you are coming from, but who, besides ferris would have kept us out of the region the past couple of years?
                  GLIAC period. Ashland and Ferris. Luckily for us, GV's swiss cheese run defense didn't stop our horrible QB play one game earlier. We are 1-4 and none of the losses felt that close. Even Ashland, since it feels like we been sacked more than we have completions against the GLIAC since 2016.

Comment

• "Offensive identity" means they need good QB play. RW hasn't had one yet. Maybe Honeshee can be that guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post

"Offensive identity" means they need good QB play. RW hasn't had one yet. Maybe Honeshee can be that guy.
                      i remember some of AD's offenses needing a few games to get their rhythm going. they didn't have to worry too much in those games because of RW's defenses.

Comment

• Imagine just now realizing NW is a #basketballschool. Welcome to the club!

Comment

"Offensive identity" means they need good QB play. RW hasn't had one yet. Maybe Honeshee can be that guy.

Comment

i remember some of AD's offenses needing a few games to get their rhythm going. they didn't have to worry too much in those games because of RW's defenses.
                            Those offenses never needed a defense to carry them though either. We could be optimistic in 2019 that the offense was back on track, then we realized the MIAA just wasn't good overall that year.

AD had a lot of good QB play. RW needs to find one who makes good, quick decisions.

Comment

• Is the MIAA actually a mediocre football conference? Does the quality of play continue to erode?

Comment

Those offenses never needed a defense to carry them though either. We could be optimistic in 2019 that the offense was back on track, then we realized the MIAA just wasn't good overall that year.

AD had a lot of good QB play. RW needs to find one who makes good, quick decisions.
                                It all comes down to 2 things: Getting the other team's QB on the ground and consistent, high level QB play. Elite transfer RBs have helped mask the issues at QB and even overall offensively. I do give high paise to the staff for landing those difference making RBs but a RB is never going to win you a natty (See Omon, Xavier). At some point along the way the level of QB play gets exposed. And to a lesser extent who the QB is throwing to. Henesee looks like he has the talent but can't seem to stay healthy.

Defense gives you the opportunity to play for a championship, offense wins the championship.

Tieing some of the current topics together. AD has not won a NC without RW and RW has not won one without AD. It was a perfect marriage of each being elite at taking care of their side of the ball. I have no reason to believe AD won't create an offensive masterpiece at UCO, who his DC is will determine how much and what level of success that leads to. 'Boda has had the offenses but hasn't been able to obtain a defensive compliment.
                                Last edited by Taxman; 12-06-2021, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X