Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Taxman View Post
    Is the MIAA actually a mediocre football conference? Does the quality of play continue to erode?
    That was the case this season.

Comment

It all comes down to 2 things: Getting the other team's QB on the ground and consistent, high level QB play. Elite transfer RBs have helped mask the issues at QB and even overall offensively. I do give high paise to the staff for landing those difference making RBs but a RB is never going to win you a natty (See Omon, Xavier). At some point along the way the level of QB play gets exposed. And to a lesser extent who the QB is throwing to. Henesee looks like he has the talent but can't seem to stay healthy.

Defense gives you the opportunity to play for a championship, offense wins the championship.

Tieing some of the current topics together. AD has not won a NC without RW and RW has not won one without AD. It was a perfect marriage of each being elite at taking care of their side of the ball. I have no reason to believe AD won't create an offensive masterpiece at UCO, who his DC is will determine how much and what level of success that leads to. 'Boda has had the offenses but hasn't been able to obtain a defensive compliment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I was being sArCaStIc, but it takes too long to type like that... just ask @northwest missouri state how time consuming it is to hit the shift key.
        Man I'm sorry I didn't pick that up. I shouldn't read/post at school.

Comment

Is the MIAA actually a mediocre football conference? Does the quality of play continue to erode?
          Go Bearcats!
          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• https://static.bearcatsports.com/cus...4.htm#GAME.IND
            Go Bearcats!
            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Was it cheap construction or poor design. I know the stair issue mentioned on here sounded like a design failure.

It is fairly common for churches and occasionally schools, to weasel alumni or member designers into donating time or providing it at a cut rate. Sometimes that leads to issues down the road.
              A combination of both. The stairwells on the outside were actually supposed to be enclosed, but that cost to much, so they left the exposed metal and concrete to the elements and eventually rusted out. I guess it's too much to fix as well, since they put up some BS stairways that nobody used. The chairback seats are utterly crap, as well. Don't know who ordered those but must have been an Amazon sale on crappy seats. They are small, there is no room for someone to get by without standing on the seat etc.

Comment

• 2006 was elite defense and high risk/reward QB play. Mathews was a very good QB, not great, especially against good defenses. We had every opportunity to win that game with 4 turnovers though too. The Wright fumble at the GV 20 was crushing.

Saturday we saw a backup QB succeed with superior line play. Felt like old Duluth days to me. Ferris recruits good QB transfers for their offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                  We lost 2007 to Mother Nature. You can't convince me otherwise. The 3rd quarter when we played into that high wind, cold front, let Valdosta catch up and stack the box. It died down in the 4th when the ends switched but I honestly think we could have put the game away in a calm 3rd quarter with how we played first half.

Comment

• Go Bearcats!
                    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Tbh byob QB iirc if not ftw near goalposts but HC RW hit it NS.

Comment

• Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post

We lost 2007 to Mother Nature. You can't convince me otherwise. The 3rd quarter when we played into that high wind, cold front, let Valdosta catch up and stack the box. It died down in the 4th when the ends switched but I honestly think we could have put the game away in a calm 3rd quarter with how we played first half.
                        So NW was outcoached as well as out weathered? Why didn't Mel use his jedi powers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

So NW was outcoached as well as out weathered? Why didn't Mel use his jedi powers?
                          My memory is that VSU used speed and stunts up front to keep X from getting north-south. They had a great game plan. Of course, I also recall a bogus holding call on Mike Petersen that likely would have sealed the game for us. We all have our own perspectives.

Comment

• Don't forget that in 2014 Starzl went down early in the OT regional game against Central, who went on the win the championship!

Comment

• I had a nice conversation with an NW alum abut the various breaks/games/happenings for each team. I know we had one of the best defenses in the country in 2009, the first eyar we had one of the best DII QBs in Mike Reilly. We CWU fans bemoan the fact that Reilly graduated and "if we had MR in 2009, we would have won it all!".

Things happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post

100% agree...It literally changed direction just as the 3rd quarter ended...I couldn't believe it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X