Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ForeverGreen View Post

My memory is that VSU used speed and stunts up front to keep X from getting north-south. They had a great game plan. Of course, I also recall a bogus holding call on Mike Petersen that likely would have sealed the game for us. We all have our own perspectives.

Comment

• Comment

• Does this make NW Fanatic a heretic or a blasphemer?

Comment

• So we are basically Tom Brady.

Comment

• Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

100% agree...It literally changed direction just as the 3rd quarter ended...I couldn't believe it.
            We went into the game in short sleeves and left our coats in the car- no re-entry so we about froze when the cold front came thru during the half. If memory serves there was also a little sleet/rain. It was bizarre how we went into the strong wind the entire 3rd qtr then we switched ends and no wind for VSU to deal with.

Comment

• Johnny Mac was 7-4 his 1st year at WSC in NE

Comment

• Originally posted by nwstew84 View Post

Don't forget that in 2014 Starzl went down early in the OT regional game against Central, who went on the win the championship!
                Not true ... our 6'10" Starzl was injured barely 3 minutes after the game got started. He didn't play the rest of the game, including the OT. NW loses by 1 pt. Heartbreaker.
                Last edited by ZubCat81; 12-06-2021, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post

Not true ... our 6'10" Starzl was injured barely 3 minutes after the game got started. He didn't play the rest of the game, including the OT. Heartbreaker.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post

Not true ... our 6'10" Starzl was injured barely 3 minutes after the game got started. He didn't play the rest of the game, including the OT. NW loses by 1 pt. Heartbreaker.
                    I think that's what Stew is saying- Starzl went down early in a game that happened to go into OT. Not that he went down early in OT.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

I think that's what Stew is saying- Starzl went down early in a game that happened to go into OT. Not that he went down early in OT.
                      Well, then ... sorry for misreading your post, Brian. Overreacted. That 2014 Central game has been one of the thorns in my side since that NW one point OT loss without Starzl for basically the entire game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X