Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCO rebuild

now that the header seems to be in place (i wont say who. i think its pretty hush news at this point), where do they start? players? coaches?

what about the school? they are adding 2k seats to a stadium that is nowhere close to capactiy now. AD go hard on marketing getting butts in the seats?
    i think if the first two games are wins, it will carry over for a season. i remember the first home game every year there were always 5 k people there but thinned out significatly with every loss.

you are king for a year getting 1 million dollars to get a college football team in the right direction. where do you go?
    Last edited by jimbo slice; 12-04-2021, 12:03 PM.

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
    now that the header seems to be in place (i wont say who. i think its pretty hush news at this point), where do they start? players? coaches?

what about the school? they are adding 2k seats to a stadium that is nowhere close to capactiy now. AD go hard on marketing getting butts in the seats?
    i think if the first two games are wins, it will carry over for a season. i remember the first home game every year there were always 5 k people there but thinned out significatly with every loss.

you are king for a year getting 1 million dollars to get a college football team in the right direction. where do you go?
    Try and get 2MM

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Try and get 2MM
      ok. good. but keep in mind, 25 million was JSUT given to the athletic department. like in the last 6 months. back on task....you are being paid 1 million as the project manager for 1 solitary year to put UCO towards the direction of becoming a powerhouse.

where do you start.

Comment

Isn't UCO kind of a commuter school? feel like its hard to fill a stadium when kids aren't as invested in campus life

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
          Isn't UCO kind of a commuter school? feel like its hard to fill a stadium when kids aren't as invested in campus life
          I'm sure that doesn't help, but I think it's more complicated than that in states where people are born bleeding d1 colors.

Comment

Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

ok. good. but keep in mind, 25 million was JSUT given to the athletic department. like in the last 6 months. back on task....you are being paid 1 million as the project manager for 1 solitary year to put UCO towards the direction of becoming a powerhouse.

where do you start.
              We landed presumably the best coach on the market. Now we need to land some D1 rejects from the transfer portal. Seems like Northwest always manages to snag a few of those. Really helps add talent to the roster.
              Roll Chos!

Comment

This is spot on. But it is really impossible to schedule against OU when their timeslots are picked 6-13 days in advance. With the move to the SEC it should slow down, especially with fewer ABC/no Fox slots. Also, those Aggies in Stillwater, don't foget those Aggies. I saw too much orange on campus too. Heck I saw burnt orange at times.
                Last edited by UCObluejay; 12-04-2021, 05:16 PM.
                Go Bronchos!

Comment

Buy two 2023 OU and OSU season tickets and raffle them off for anyone who attends every game. They have to stay from the start to the conclusion of games to be eligible. Take the revenue and invest it into a coaching staff endowment.

Seriously though, get the best coaches available and increase the recruiting budget. If there is anything left buy a statewide radio network, put up billboards in the Metro advertising home games. Create a radio/tv coaches show like the one Bob Hoffman has on the Franchise. Finally cut the price of beer to 10 percent profit.

If it was just a one-year plan to the 2022 NC, I have no clue.
                  Go Bronchos!

Comment

After the next renovation, the only things the stadium will be missing are Jimbo's hot tub and all-chairback seating. The chairbacks would go a long way for increasing aesthetics and increasing comfortability. The OSSAA would have to keep the games there.
                    Go Bronchos!

Comment

exactly. that's the biggest issue. I own two rent houses a mile and a half away. you can hear the band playing from the yard.
                      the tickets for students are already free as far as i can tell. they sell beer at the games.

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
                        After the next renovation, the only things the stadium will be missing are Jimbo's hot tub and all-chairback seating. The chairbacks would go a long way for increasing aesthetics and increasing comfortability. The OSSAA would have to keep the games there.
                        i attended two of those championship games this year. very impressive crowds. the visitors side had temp bleachers in and were full. there were seats to be had but not very many.

Comment

I heard reload was the new UCO head coach, but he has a "ban jimbo" clause in his contract.

Comment

Player wise, it seems like UCO usually has some big school transfers at skill positions. They just don't have the horses up front most of the time.

For the other stuff, would start a pyramid scheme with the 1 yr and 1 mill until I parlayed it into 9 mill and 3 years.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X