Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

so i forgot to get back to this.

on the visit this weekend (charlestons in bricktown was primo. don't know why but their food was better than the last time at another location) "we" had a talk about this very subject.....

he was shocked the STUDENTS were drinking beer at the basketball game and found out that night that beer is sold at the football games as well. something will be done with that info. he was excited about that.

the lack of tailgating WILL be addressed and fixed

every effort will be put into not competing head to head for OU/OSU games. OU game is 7pm, our game will be 12 etc. he already has 3 scheduled thursday night games this season.

a stat of some sort was thrown around in that convo that there was almost 5k students within walking distance (inside of 2 miles) to the stadium. there was a discussion about volunteer(or paid) students to mass cover the neighborhoods around the stadium and hand out free tickets to get people there and interested....

some of the coaches mentioned that no advertising has been taking place because most of the students they talked to didn't know when the games were taking place (home or away) and really had to go find the info. (if you dont have a class friday and the athletic department dont put out any signage till friday....) anyway, they didn't know when the games were and some just said "they'd go see it next week". next week rolled around and the team was out of town soo..
    Roll Chos!

Comment

That seems to be a trend everywhere, from D1 on down. Tailgating is a catch-22. Students at NW have no desire to come in to the games either when they can stay out and party in the tailgate lots the entire time.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

so i forgot to get back to this.

on the visit this weekend (charlestons in bricktown was primo. don't know why but their food was better than the last time at another location) "we" had a talk about this very subject.....

he was shocked the STUDENTS were drinking beer at the basketball game and found out that night that beer is sold at the football games as well. something will be done with that info. he was excited about that.

the lack of tailgating WILL be addressed and fixed

every effort will be put into not competing head to head for OU/OSU games. OU game is 7pm, our game will be 12 etc. he already has 3 scheduled thursday night games this season.
        The first two and Northeastern State?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

The first two and Northeastern State?
          dont know. didnt ask lol...i dont even know what the schedule looks like for 22.

whatever it is, the first week in october needs to be a thursday game. thats OU texAZZ and noone but relatives will be there if not.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

That seems to be a trend everywhere, from D1 on down. Tailgating is a catch-22. Students at NW have no desire to come in to the games either when they can stay out and party in the tailgate lots the entire time.
            yeh i saw that... you know who has it worse? MSSU. there are more people outside on the fence than in the stadium on both sides.

Comment

I absolutely hate Thursday night games. They're the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Comment

It's the opposite at Pitt. Smaller crowds, worse environment, etc....

It's not the fact that it's at night. It's that it's on Thursday. People have to work the next day, fewer companies have their full crews at the game, less alumni show up from kc, Wichita, etc...

Comment

I love good Thursday games.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                      I've seen a lot of high school games being played on Thursdays due to the shortage of referees. Is that a problem in the Edmond/OKC area? I am not sure you can compete with high school football.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                        I love good Thursday games.
                        Don't get me wrong. I love the game part on any night. It's the Thursday night lack of atmosphere that I hate.

Then again, the css atmosphere has been hurt more by Beck's record, Johnson's greed, and covid than any amount of Thursday games. Hopefully it's on the way back.

Comment

Originally posted by OPSUALUM77&81 View Post

I've seen a lot of high school games being played on Thursdays due to the shortage of referees. Is that a problem in the Edmond/OKC area? I am not sure you can compete with high school football.
                          it happens some here but, not often. I dont think at a commuter school such as UCO we are looking to compete with high school football. i think we are targeting the college kids who dont have class on friday and the appeal of deeply discounted beer lol

Comment

I plan on being at the Spring game April 23rd. Hope to meet some of the UCO fans.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X