Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washburn coach 20 seasons

I can't believe they have kept the same head coach for 20 seasons. Doesn't seem like they will ever move off of him. Besides Mel T and Chuck I can't think of a coach that lasted that long. Very avg teams after brown left but also pretty consistent program

So what is your point of this one, or just generally wanting some conversation regarding Shurig.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
        So what is your point of this one, or just generally wanting some conversation regarding Shurig.
        20 years at a school seems notable? Just a shout out. Staff he built up to the 2010's was great but left for greener pastures

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
          I can't believe they have kept the same head coach for 20 seasons. Doesn't seem like they will ever move off of him. Besides Mel T and Chuck I can't think of a coach that lasted that long. Very avg teams after brown left but also pretty consistent program
          Jerry was at Western a long time.

Comment

Mel was at NW for 16.

Comment

Reload is still trying to trick people into believing that. ;)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Reload is still trying to trick people into believing that. ;)
                  Are you outside my window hahahahaha.

Comment

Wow! Hard to believe it has been that long.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Jerry was at Western a long time.
                      20 seasons to be exact

Comment

Comment

I honestly didn't realize he was there that long

Comment

I honestly didn't realize he was there that long
                            Easy to miss since he was such a wallflower ha ha ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Easy to miss since he was such a wallflower ha ha ha.
                              Hahaha.

Honestly I don't see this streak getting broke by another in conference coach for a long time. WU seems content with athletics position under their AD, and the playoff appearance surely just bought Schurig 5 more years. NW wouldn't react to a down year or even multiple average years well. UCM - hard to tell. I guess Svoboda could last a while, just seems to underperform year after year. Brown at Hays was hot but seems to have cooled, but he built it up. Higgins may be the best current contender but I've heard he wanted out twice in his career at ESU

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X