Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

He inherited a winning program at NW and was able to maintain the program's success, if not improve it. He failed to build a winner at ACU. I don't know if we are on notice just yet.
    regardless, you remember how bad the MIAA sucked this year? this helps.

Comment

He inherited a winning program at NW and was able to maintain the program's success, if not improve it. He failed to build a winner at ACU. I don't know if we are on notice just yet.
      Yeah I'm in wait and see mode. He failed in his first try at a rebuild, but I assume he learned from that, and knows more about what it takes now.

Will be fun to see if he turns it around.

I don't think I've seen a coach from the Tjeerdsmas tree, with the exception of Svobodas time in D1, do impressive things once leaving NW.

Svoboda has done ok at UCM, but, the other 2 who attempted MIAA hc spots flopped pretty hard.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
        Lots of locals have a good idea why he left NW. The next question is does he bring some assistants with him or poach some from the NW coaching tree?
        I doubt he would poach any coaches on the current nw staff. Don't believe he did when he took the ACU job. I've heard from lots of the locals why he left.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Yeah I'm in wait and see mode. He failed in his first try at a rebuild, but I assume he learned from that, and knows more about what it takes now.

I don't think I've seen a coach from the Tjeerdsmas tree, with the exception of Svobodas time in D1, do impressive things once leaving NW.

Svoboda has done ok at UCM, but, the other 2 who attempted MIAA hc spots flopped pretty hard.
            Guessing a lot easier to turn around a UCO program that has had some limited success rather than starting from scratch at a program new to FBS.

Comment

Comment

if UCO can stop the flow out in state talent jumping the border, they are hella better from day 1. back a few years ago, there were 5 starters on rosters in kansas from the okc metro. 2 of them off the same high school team. those 5 kids starting at UCO make a difference. if they are starters at UCO, they are obviously not starting at emporia and pitt. those are just 5 examples i know of.

1 was starting RB for emporia (UCO had a pretty salty RB rotation at this point but two of those rbs were also DBs in high school)
                2 of them starters in the dbackfield for emporia (UCO was a few degrees cooler than a dumpster fire are pass defense at this time frame)
                1 was starter on the pitt oline (can always use more olineman)
                also had 1 WR go to a GAC team and become an all american.

emporia had 23 oklahoma kids on that roster in 2016
                32 currently.

Last edited by jimbo slice; 12-05-2021, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MEAN GREEN MACHINE View Post

Guessing a lot easier to turn around a UCO program that has had some limited success rather than starting from scratch at a program new to FBS.
                  That's a good point.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

if UCO can stop the flow out in state talent jumping the border, they are hella better from day 1. back a few years ago, there were 5 starters on rosters in kansas from the okc metro. 2 of them off the same high school team. those 5 kids starting at UCO make a difference. if they are starters at UCO, they are obviously not starting at emporia and pitt. those are just 5 examples i know of.
                    Pitt has always recruited a few from down there, and a lot more from Tulsa. That said, Wright's recruiting footprint is much less limited than the previous 2 staff's. I think that will help UCO a little. OTOH, some of the other okie directional d2s are improving, so they'll be sniffing around, too.

Comment

Okc suburb schools are a different story. There is a ridiculous amount of money concentrated in some of those areas.

Comment

Pitt has always recruited a few from down there, and a lot more from Tulsa. That said, Wright's recruiting footprint is much less limited than the previous 2 staff's. I think that will help UCO a little. OTOH, some of the other okie directional d2s are improving, so they'll be sniffing around, too.
                        trust me.....from a facilities standpoint, the MIAA schools have very little to worry about. ECU has an ex nfl player running the show and a few xnfl players working the positions but they have a ways to go towards facilities.

Comment

Okc suburb schools are a different story. There is a ridiculous amount of money concentrated in some of those areas.
                          yeh.. for sure....as a recruit, you go to the directional schools here and then the others....easy to see why they choose MIAA. UCO stands out in the state.

Comment

Can-t wait to hear about Dorrel's contract.

Comment

Are you considering Lamberson part of this?

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

yeh.. for sure....as a recruit, you go to the directional schools here and then the others....easy to see why they choose MIAA. UCO stands out in the state.
                                The directional schools are a joke. Just ask BulldogLB. That being said, SEOSU did just embarrass Emporia State yesterday.
                                Roll Chos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X