Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

I honestly thought Bobeck had them headed in the right direction for a while, but he kind of hit a plateau and stalled out.
        I'm definitely not talking trash on coach who won multiple NCs. I'm just taking a wait and see approach, as rebuilding a program isn't something he has done yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Are you considering Lamberson part of this?
          Yes.

Comment

I didn't read the comments that way either. This is a HUGE hire by UCO. I think that if UCO wins, the stands will get closer to capacity. The Bedlam schools will always be the biggest draw, but if the athletic department can do something more engaging for the student body than posting political yard signs on campus saying "basketball game tonight", they might get somewhere. Dorrel knows what a winning culture looks like.

The only issue I had was with NW fans acting like Maryville is a Mecca of COLLEGE FOOTBALL. I will say that NW is the STANDARD of D2 football and rightfully so. However, just because it is close to Iowa, that doen't make it heaven. The posts acting like he would only return to NW would be the equivalent of thinking the only school Meyer would leave Jacksonville for is Ohio State. (I know he didn't "leave" ACU for UCO.)

Acting like the balance of power HAS changed is like USC saying they "changed the world" by hiring Lincoln Riley. It has been said around here that when OU was looking for a coach and Stoops was trying stop the recruiting exodus, "OU is in great shape that it isn't like OU is 4-8, that is what USC is." UCO was 4-7.

A wait and see approach is warranted, but it is exciting to see what is next for the program.
            Last edited by UCObluejay; 12-06-2021, 07:00 AM.
            Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

The directional schools are a joke. Just ask BulldogLB. That being said, SEOSU did just embarrass Emporia State yesterday.
              That's funny you say that. You guys lost to Emporia. Who southeastern just beat. ECU and SEOSU would have beat UCO for sure this year. Let's not bring up the fact that you guys nearly lost to SNU and canceled the game against Oklahoma Baptist because you knew you were going to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by ONCEATIGER25 View Post

That's funny you say that. You guys lost to Emporia. Who southeastern just beat. ECU and SEOSU would have beat UCO for sure this year. Let's not bring up the fact that you guys nearly lost to SNU and canceled the game against Oklahoma Baptist because you knew you were going to lose.
                UCO treated those games like NFL preseason, they played their whole roster. The 08 Lions went 4-0 in the preseason. What's your point?
                Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post

I didn't read the comments that way either. This is a HUGE hire by UCO. I think that if UCO wins, the stands will get closer to capacity. The Bedlam schools will always be the biggest draw, but if the athletic department can do something more engaging for the student body than posting political yard signs on campus saying "basketball game tonight", they might get somewhere. Dorrel knows what a winning culture looks like.

The only issue I had was with NW fans acting like Maryville is a Mecca of COLLEGE FOOTBALL. I will say that NW is the STANDARD of D2 football and rightfully so. However, just because it is close to Iowa, that doen't make it heaven. The posts acting like he would only return to NW would be the equivalent of thinking the only school Meyer would leave Jacksonville for is Ohio State. (I know he didn't "leave" ACU for UCO.)

Acting like the balance of power HAS changed is like USC saying they "changed the world" by hiring Lincoln Riley. It has been said around here that when OU was looking for a coach and Stoops was trying stop the recruiting exodus, "OU is in great shape that it isn't like OU is 4-8, that is what USC is." UCO was 4-7.

A wait and see approach is warranted, but it is exciting to see what is next for the program.
                  I agree. Sometimes I feel that NW fans forget where we came from and look down our noses unnecessarily at other programs. Historically NW became the D2 standard, but I'd argue that currently we're more of the standard of the MIAA than D2. I'd compare it a little to Kansas basketball in the Big XII.... if Oklahoma State hired Coach K tomorrow, the balance of power wouldn't shift. Doesn't mean that it never will, it just means that Oklahoma State got a great coach, but Kansas is still the top dog until someone proves they're not. Coach K is probably not the best example, but you get the point.

As a UCO fan, you have every reason to be excited about the possibilities. As a NW fan, personally, I am happy for AD, maybe a little disappointed that he's in the conference and we have to root against him, and perhaps a little nervous that with the resources at UCO, he'll be able to get it done, but I'll worry about that when it happens. Like PP said, wait and see. I'm sure he'll do a great job and we can acknowledge a shift if it ever does happen.

Comment

UCO treated those games like NFL preseason, they played their whole roster. The 08 Lions went 4-0 in the preseason. What's your point?
                    Nice facilities don't win games. They can win in recruiting. But as you can see, it didn't help on the field. UCO can think they are better than the directional schools but they would lose to them too.

Comment

It's a crazy world! I had heard rumors that AD traded in his old Tri-state Ford pickup for a new Bronco and now he's coaching the Bronchos! ;-)

It's funny reading all of the outlandish comments about what happened to who, when on this MB! Most times I just bite my tongue instead of commenting.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Yes.
                        He was never a full time coach under Mel.

Comment

Right. Nothing wrong with being excited without being stupid at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

He was never a full time coach under Mel.
                            Svoboda
                            Bostwick
                            Tatum
                            Wagner
                            Dorrel
                            Wright
                            Collins
                            Flohr

I think that's the list of full-timers under MT that were later hired as head coaches.

Comment

Nice facilities don't win games. They can win in recruiting. But as you can see, it didn't help on the field. UCO can think they are better than the directional schools but they would lose to them too.
                              Roll Chos!

Comment

Roll Chos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X