Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ONCEATIGER25 View Post

That's funny you say that. You guys lost to Emporia. Who southeastern just beat. ECU and SEOSU would have beat UCO for sure this year. Let's not bring up the fact that you guys nearly lost to SNU and canceled the game against Oklahoma Baptist because you knew you were going to lose.
    The transitive property has never been proven in regards to college football outcomes.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Svoboda
        Bostwick
        Tatum
        Wagner
        Dorrel
        Wright
        Collins
        Flohr

I think that's the list of full-timers under MT that were later hired as head coaches.
        How about Ozzie at Benedictine? Or was he just GA with Mel?

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post

How about Ozzie at Benedictine? Or was he just GA with Mel?
          right

Comment

What coaches from the MT coaching tree have been successful outside of NW?

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
              What coaches from the MT coaching tree have been successful outside of NW?

Wagner won a playoff game at Angelo.

Svoboda has won playoff games at Central Missouri.

Tatum was not successful at Missouri Southern.

Flohr was 6-5 this year at SD Mines. They were 3-8 the year before.

AD could not turn things around at ACU. Time will tell if that's even possible.

Collins was not successful at Northern Colorado.

Bostwick never coached a game.

Comment

I can't help thinking about Kim Anderson right now. Obviously it's a different sport but... won a D2 title, unsuccessful in D1, not much success upon returning to the MIAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Wagner won a playoff game at Angelo.

Svoboda has won playoff games at Central Missouri.

Tatum was not successful at Missouri Southern.

Flohr was 6-5 this year at SD Mines. They were 3-8 the year before.

AD could not turn things around at ACU. Time will tell if that's even possible.

Collins was not successful at Northern Colorado.

Bostwick never coached a game.
                  Northern Colorado is another one that may not be possible.

Comment

NW, and the amount of time coach T was there, is such a unique situation with a culture that hasn'tchanged in decades. It's hard to predict how coaches will do when they leave.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
                      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Northern Colorado is another one that may not be possible.
                        Agreed. I think both ACU and UNC should have remained in D2.

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                          seems to me they pulled the trigger fast all things considered
                          That typically happens.

It's not often that coaches and administrators AT a school don't lobby for reclassification. Higher salary. More scholarships. More prestige. Easier to get their next job.

It's also not often that a consulting company hired by a school tells the school they're not next level. Seldom does the company advise on the status quo. It's almost as if the consultants are hired to tell the schools what they want to hear.

Comment

A former NW QB, Johnny Mac, OC at Central with Svoboda, is now HC at Wayne. I don't remember if he was a GA at Northwest or Central?

Former players coaching at D2 that I am aware of are: Offensive Lineman Joe Holtzclaw is coaching at Winona. Kenny Gordon is at NW OK (?), Shayne Shade is coaching at UNK. I think one of the Courter brothers is coaching in Colorado. One of the Sherman brothers is coaching too. The tree of former players and GA's has too many branches to track.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                              I can't help thinking about Kim Anderson right now. Obviously it's a different sport but... won a D2 title, unsuccessful in D1, not much success upon returning to the MIAA.
                              I would not be upset if he moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                                A former NW QB, Johnny Mac, OC at Central with Svoboda, is now HC at Wayne. I don't remember if he was a GA at Northwest or Central?

Former players coaching at D2 that I am aware of are: Offensive Lineman Joe Holtzclaw is coaching at Winona. Kenny Gordon is at NW OK (?), Shayne Shade is coaching at UNK. I think one of the Courter brothers is coaching in Colorado. One of the Sherman brothers is coaching too. The tree of former players and GA's has too many branches to track.
                                The reason I asked my earlier question is that I am wondering about an HC that took over a dog/down program, turned it around and created a stellar, long running string of success. Mike Krzyzewski/Duke comes to mind, Don James/Washington is another,

I think that it is sometimes that a coach has such an impact on a program and builds a culture that subsequent coaches at that school have success there, but struggle to institute it elsewhere.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X