Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

I would not be upset if he moved on.
    It seems that he's mailed it in. Probably time to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

It seems that he's mailed it in. Probably time to move on.
      Yeah. Going through the motions is kind of the impression I get.

Comment

There was a very nice article about Adam in the Maryville Daily Forum. He said many nice things about a lot of people. He spoke quite a lot about one of his middle school teachers, Carolyn Henry....that lady is my mom.....just wanted to share this.
        http://www.maryvilleforum.com/sports...6A_vQdCqKaViDU
        Northwest Missouri State University
        BEARCATS

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
          A former NW QB, Johnny Mac, OC at Central with Svoboda, is now HC at Wayne. I don't remember if he was a GA at Northwest or Central?

Former players coaching at D2 that I am aware of are: Offensive Lineman Joe Holtzclaw is coaching at Winona. Kenny Gordon is at NW OK (?), Shayne Shade is coaching at UNK. I think one of the Courter brothers is coaching in Colorado. One of the Sherman brothers is coaching too. The tree of former players and GA's has too many branches to track.
          Dane Wardenburg was an offensive lineman from 2008-2011. He has been the o-line coach at Sioux Falls for a few years and was at Iowa Western before that. He could be a familiar face that Dorrel may want to bring on.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtedBearcat View Post

Dane Wardenburg was an offensive lineman from 2008-2011. He has been the o-line coach at Sioux Falls for a few years and was at Iowa Western before that. He could be a familiar face that Dorrel may want to bring on.
            Not very likely.
            Go Hounds!
            B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
            Cyclone Power
            ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtedBearcat View Post

Why would he bring on another Oline coach?

Comment

Originally posted by BEARCAT View Post
                There was a very nice article about Adam in the Maryville Daily Forum. He said many nice things about a lot of people. He spoke quite a lot about one of his middle school teachers, Carolyn Henry....that lady is my mom.....just wanted to share this.
                http://www.maryvilleforum.com/sports...6A_vQdCqKaViDU
                Your mom and Dad are both very amazing people and I wish them well.

Comment

Comment

I have noticed that UCOs social media keeps putting heart emojis in posts regarding the new coach. I find this extremely creepy, and it doesn't imply toughness in the institution or the department.
                    Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post

Why would he bring on another Oline coach?
                      I do not know. Why do you insist on sleeping with your cousins? I was just adding to the list of former players that are now coaches. Try not to get too upset and mess up that fish hook on the bill of your camp cap.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

regardless, you remember how bad the MIAA sucked this year? this helps.
                        It seems like the gold standard for the MIAA is to win the national championship every year or the conference sucks....really?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

It seems like the gold standard for the MIAA is to win the national championship every year or the conference sucks....really?

National championships are always what defines a school and conference. why not EXPECT it? if we think the MIAA is the best conference in D2 football, we need to call a spade a spade when we aren't any good. if we are as bad ass as some of us think, we should have the top 25 littered with MIAA teams at the beginning, middle and end of the season. if we don't get any closer to the crown than 2 games deep in the playoffs, i'd say we sucked.

do i really have to prove this to you or are you going to figure it out on your own after some thought?

how many post season games did the MIAA get invited to this year?
                          record in those games?

UNK finished second right in front of 3rd place Washburn running away from the team formerly known as ft hays, central squared, emporia and Pitt state. MSSU won 3 games this year and one of those 3 WASNT NSU

what would you call this season?

Comment

National championships are always what defines a school and conference. why not EXPECT it? if we think the MIAA is the best conference in D2 football, we need to call a spade a spade when we aren't any good. if we are as bad ass as some of us think, we should have the top 25 littered with MIAA teams at the beginning, middle and end of the season. if we don't get any closer to the crown than 2 games deep in the playoffs, i'd say we sucked.

do i really have to prove this to you or are you going to figure it out on your own after some thought?

record in those games?

UNK finished second right in front of 3rd place Washburn running away from the team formerly known as ft hays, central squared, emporia and Pitt state. MSSU won 3 games this year and one of those 3 WASNT NSU

geez man, you're over thinking this whole thing...chill out.

Comment

record in those games?

The conference was definitely down this season. Pitt is in a rebuild, MoWest needs a new coach. UCM had exactly zero D2 level qb's and a crap defense, Hays was way way down, and nobody is sure why.. ESU was mediocre. Kearney had their best offense ever, but had holes in the D. Washburn was hit and miss, Southern is improving. NW is still good, but had big issues onoffense. The Okie schools pretty much always suck, and Lincoln wouldn't win 3 games in any conference.

The Washburn game plan in the playoffs was goofy at best. Pitt turned down the bowl game, and the mineral water bowl disappeared. Not sure how long the conference will trend down, but it was this year.

Comment

we should have the top 25 littered with MIAA teams at the beginning, middle and end of the season. if we don't get any closer to the crown than 2 games deep in the playoffs, i'd say we sucked.
                                Part of this is a product of the MIAA schedule.

As a collective, the conference is guaranteed 12 losses that it would not have with a nine-game conference schedule. The best possible conference average with a nine-game conference schedule is .590. The best possible conference average with an 11-game conference schedule is .500.

On a team level, I simply took the first two weeks and removed any losses for teams that might have been ranked if not for losses in the first two weeks. The only one that it would have affected was Pitt. They could have been 9-2 instead and likely ranked.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X