Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

It seems like the gold standard for the MIAA is to win the national championship every year or the conference sucks....really?
    no i wouldn't say that

but if the best team in the league gets run off the field as we did this yr & last yr & the yr before that in the po's well, that's indicative of the league slipping. 1/2 a decade ago that didn't happen. 10 yrs ago that didn't happen. 15 yrs ago that didn't happen.

15 yrs ago half the league was top 25.

harding would have done very well in the league this yr were they in it. that didn't used to be true.

that being said the league doesn't suck. it's just no longer the best league in the country. it's slipped some. if you want suck go look at the region that sent some scnmuck up to ferris to lose 50-0 or whatever it was.
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Yeah I don't think the conference sucked. It just wasn't great, and nobody caught fire late like a 2011 Pitt, or a bunch of those nw NC years.

Washburn was the most puzzling. I still can't get over the weird air raid thing they tried to roll out in the playoffs.

The MIAA still produced some good teams, but there was a traffic jamb of hit and miss teams that were interchangeable.

As far as Ferris beating up nw, that Ferris team is loaded. They trucked the rest of the gliac this year, too.

Comment

That said, I remember 05 Pitt hitting the playoffs without Race thinking they had no chance, and beating the crap out of LSC and RMAC teams a week after losing by 70 to a ucm team who probably would have beat those po teams even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          Yeah I don't think the conference sucked. It just wasn't great, and nobody caught fire late like a 2011 Pitt, or a bunch of those nw NC years.

Washburn was the most puzzling. I still can't get over the weird air raid thing they tried to roll out in the playoffs.

The MIAA still produced some good teams, but there was a traffic jamb of hit and miss teams that were interchangeable.

As far as Ferris beating up nw, that Ferris team is loaded. They trucked the rest of the gliac this year, too.
          They panicked when they saw that they couldn't stop the run and tried to score quick instead of having any semblance of a game plan. Schurig is quick to panic when his team is down and when his team gets sudden momentum, he tries big splash plays instead of building on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

in 2004, 2005, 2010, 2011, & 2015 miaa teams squared off in the regional final. in '05 those regional finalists weren't even league champs. in 2011 the nc winner's only loss was to a league foe that again didn't make the regional final.
            in 2008 a league opp gave us our stiffest test prior to the nc game.
            in 2009 a league opp that didn't make the po's due to getting beat up by a couple other league opp's took us to ot.
            whether a league team won it all or not when they ran into someone elite they held their own from the late 90s through mid-10's more or less.
            a miaa team played for or won it all in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, & 2016.

nowadays we lose to lsc teams (nk), come w/in an eyelash of losing to gac teams (us in '19), lose to genuine turds (somebody lost to that uindy school, apparently not cm in 2019 i incorrectly recalled before randy corrected me & of course the worst of all our loss to ashland in 2017) at times, & get trucked whenever we run into someone elite. i don't think the hays league winners of recent yrs won any po games either

i don't think there's any doubt that the league isn't what it was.

but it's still miles ahead of the dregs of d2 & very respectable.
            Last edited by northwest missouri state; 12-14-2021, 11:59 AM.
            Go Bearcats!
            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

in 2004, 2005, 2010, & 2011 & 2015 miaa teams squared off in the regional final. in '05 those regional finalists weren't even league champs. in 2011 the nc winner's only loss was to a league foe that again didn't make the regional final.
              in 2009 a league opp that didn't make the po's due to getting beat up by a couple other league opp's took us to ot.
              whether a league team won it all or not when they ran into someone elite they held their own from the late 90s through mid-10's more or less.
              a miaa team played for or won it all in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, & 2016.

nowadays we lose to lsc teams (nk), come w/in an eyelash of losing to gac teams (us in '19), lose to genuine turds (cm in '19) at times, & get trucked whenever we run into someone elite. i don't think the hays league winners of recent yrs won any po games either

Fixed it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

in 2004, 2005, 2010, 2011, & 2015 miaa teams squared off in the regional final. in '05 those regional finalists weren't even league champs. in 2011 the nc winner's only loss was to a league foe that again didn't make the regional final.

nowadays we lose to lsc teams (nk), come w/in an eyelash of losing to gac teams (us in '19), lose to genuine turds (cm in '19) at times, & get trucked whenever we run into someone elite. i don't think the hays league winners of recent yrs won any po games either

I'm confused, since CM lost to a "genuine turd" (Ferris State) in the 2nd round in 2019, how come you didn't mention that NW lost to that same "turd" the next week in the regional finals.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

I'm confused, since CM lost to a "genuine turd" (Ferris State) in the 2nd round in 2019, how come you didn't mention that NW lost to that same "turd" the next week in the regional finals.
                  Go Bearcats!
                  M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat96815 View Post

Your mom and Dad are both very amazing people and I wish them well.
                    Thank you ,, you are very kind to say such things.. God bless you.
                    Northwest Missouri State University
                    BEARCATS

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X