Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferris Line is the bar - How close is this league

Just watched replay of NC game and Ferris OL was dominant. I think NW DL was toughest team they met. But that was a huge line line for D2 and they seemed to open up easy lanes to run though. I don't think they had a touchdown drive longer than 5 plays. What does MIAA do to meet this kind of line? Too many schools in the same area to build these kind of lines? Pitt used to build these lines. NW had a close stretch. Wu had like 3 year period and so did MW. Did we lose physically on the Oline?

Yes

Comment

The thing that gives me the most hope about Pitt is that the current staff has the oline heading in the right direction. They aren't there yet, but definitely striving for it.

And yes. The miaa is getting beat up front lately.

Comment

Bad news the MIAA is not close to Ferris. Good news if you take the playoff scoring, we are closer than anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
          Bad news the MIAA is not close to Ferris. Good news if you take the playoff scoring, we are closer than anyone else.

Comment

They were playing a backup QB too, so maybe we shouldn't use that disclaimer. lol They whipped us, but it would appear that our region is still the hardest to get out of.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

They were playing a backup QB too, so maybe we shouldn't use that disclaimer. lol They whipped us, but it would appear that our region is still the hardest to get out of.

Comment

I'm not sure what that matters, other than they've recruited the position better. So... If we'd both had our starters going, they may have still beat us by 21 or heck, maybe they beat us by even more... we'll never know, so what's the point. They were the better team. For what its worth, BW was our starter for 3 years, including the start of this one, so it's not like we were playing some guy that wasn't ready. I just don't like when NW fans throw things out there as qualifiers that somehow make us better than we are. It's like on this board when people were commenting about us losing to Washburn because we didn't have a healthy Hohensee... their quarterback got knocked out at the start of the game and they beat us with a Freshman! We're one of the best programs in D2 football... we don't need excuses.
                Last edited by Alfred33; 12-20-2021, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I'm not sure what that matters, other than they've recruited the position better. So... If we'd both had our starters going, they may have still beat us by 21 or heck, maybe they beat us by even more... we'll never know, so what's the point. They were the better team. For what its worth, BW was our starter for 3 years, including the start of this one, so it's not like we were playing some guy that wasn't ready. I just don't like when NW fans throw things out there as qualifiers that somehow make us better than we are. It's like on this board when people were commenting about us losing to Washburn because we didn't have a healthy Hohensee... their quarterback got knocked out at the start of the game and they beat us with a Freshman! We're one of the best programs in D2 football... we don't need excuses.
                  Agree. The truth is NW lived and died by the running game, no matter who was under center this season..

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                    Just watched replay of NC game and Ferris OL was dominant. I think NW DL was toughest team they met. But that was a huge line line for D2 and they seemed to open up easy lanes to run though. I don't think they had a touchdown drive longer than 5 plays. What does MIAA do to meet this kind of line? Too many schools in the same area to build these kind of lines? Pitt used to build these lines. NW had a close stretch. Wu had like 3 year period and so did MW. Did we lose physically on the Oline?
                    obv you know the answer
                    preach on
                    Go Bearcats!
                    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

About 3 scores close (41-20). No other MIAA team would come within 5 scores of Ferris. They are head & shoulders above everyone at this point & that coach doesn't seem like he'll leave anytime soon.

Comment

The Ferris offensive line was one of the best d2 lines I have ever seen. Normally, you see some size drop off at the guard position, height and weight, compered to the tackles. For the Bulldogs, that was not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Try II View Post
                          About 3 scores close (41-20). No other MIAA team would come within 5 scores of Ferris. They are head & shoulders above everyone at this point & that coach doesn't seem like he'll leave anytime soon.
                          The coach may not be leaving Ferris, but he and the Bulldogs might be leaving D2 before long.

Regardless, Ferris is a machine right now. They are what everyone else wants to be. That was NW just 5 years ago. It was GV 15 years ago. At some point, Ferris will regress to the mean, just like all programs do. Or, as our Gorilla brethren like to say, Ferris is just a flash in the pan anyway

Comment

You guys have an excellent league out there. Ferris was a freak show this season that seemed to be head and shoulders above most teams. I heard some announcer say they had all fifth-year (or was it sixth-year?) seniors on their o-line. After watching our PSAC rep (Shepherd) get whipped like a rag doll, we took some consolation in the fact that Valdosta State really didn't fare much better. A team that whips everyone by three or more scores in a championship playoff is the definition of dominant. Good luck next season.

Comment

NW finished 4th in the final AFCA poll

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X