Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Central Missouri head coach Jim Svoboda to Tulane..

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
    Josh Lamberson named UCM Head Coach:

https://ucmathletics.com/news/2022/2...-football.aspx
    Ha! Just beat me to it.

Comment

Can he keep UCM in the hunt for the playoffs. I think last year was below average due to not having a proven qb. Logan did a good job once they gave him the job. Hope they bounce back.

Comment

While it's easy to take a pot shot at new UCM head coach Lamberson such as the fact that he went 1-21 at UNK (just in case anyone forgot or isn't aware somehow) in his first attempt at being a head coach, honestly, it's hard to imagine that he won't have far greater success at UCM. I know UNK was in a pretty bad place at the time when he came in there, so it's understandable to some extent that things didn't work out. As a MWSU fan, I do not wish him great success, however, if I had to guess, he will probably do just fine. Time will tell, but, seems like a decent hire at worst, and a diamond in the rough hire at best that could setup UCM for continued success for a long time. It will be interesting to see how this works out, and quite possibly a great comeback story for coach Lamberson after his stint at UNK did not go as hoped. Congrats!

Comment

Go Bearcats!
          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Good point to put things in context. Two seasons (albeit abysmal ones) at a struggling program is way too small a sample size to render any kind of verdict about someone's long term prospects to be a successful head coach.
            Last edited by GetGRIFFedUp; 02-08-2022, 02:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by GetGRIFFedUp View Post

Good point to put things in context. Two seasons (albeit abysmal ones) at a struggling program is way too small a sample size to render any kind of verdict about someone's long term prospects to be a successful head coach.
              Could be true, and it's a nice positive spin. But how many good coaches do you know of that went 1-21 anywhere?

Comment

Go Bearcats!
                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Comment

Eh, Lynn shows up and wins his first game, Mo So new guy had quite a year stepping into a bigger mess than Lambo. He probably will earn from mistakes he made but, for example, his last recruiting class of 73 didn't yield much (roughly 20% impact guys). Lot of the transfers be brought in didn't do much of anything. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post

Could be true, and it's a nice positive spin. But how many good coaches do you know of that went 1-21 anywhere?
                      There was this guy once who went 0-11/6-5 his 1st 2 yrs somewhere.

Comment

Allow me to take a stroll down memory lane to 2005. Remember the come from behind win that Josh led in the Semifinal game at North Alabama when his TD throw to Rafael Robinson made the Top Ten on ESPN? Never say it's over when Josh is involved.

Comment

he balled out. threw what should have been the winner at the end of the title game as well but was unfortunately bobbled while still in bounds & gathered in after falling out of the back of the ez iirc.

one of my fav bcats ever.
                          Go Bearcats!
                          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post

There was this guy once who went 0-11/6-5 his 1st 2 yrs somewhere.
                              So, what's your point? 6-5 and 1-10 in year two are remotely the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post

So, what's your point? 6-5 and 1-10 in year two are remotely the same?
                                Just another opportunity to remind the rest of us that Mel "invented" football in his second year at Northwest.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X