Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCM Hires Josh Lamberson as New Head Coach

https://ucmathletics.com/news/2022/2...-football.aspx

Figured that there should be a new thread for something like this.

The football coaching carousel can certainly be a crazy ride:

Click image for larger version  Name:	CoachLamboTweet.png Views:	0 Size:	30.6 KB ID:	650257

https://twitter.com/JoshLamberson/st...39023515262977

It's hard to see in this image of his tweet, but the date I circled (squared?) in red is January 5th, 2022. Just funny how fast life can happen right? Huge opportunity for him. I am sure any reasonable person would understand why he is leaving the coaching staff at UCO to become a head coach at UCM. Just interesting is all. Will be pretty wild when UCM plays UCO no? Fun times in the MIAA!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GetGRIFFedUp; 02-08-2022, 02:44 PM. Reason: Added comment re date of tweet

Comment

Congrats and good luck to Josh(except when playing NW).

Comment

Does this make 3 MIAA HC's at the same time from the Mel T coaching tree? If so, that has to be a first.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainy View Post
          Does this make 3 MIAA HC's at the same time from the Mel T coaching tree? If so, that has to be a first.
          Were Dorrel/Lamberson/Svoboda all MIAA head coaches at the same time?

I cannot be sure, but I think there was at least one time when there were three Pitt guys as head coaches.

Comment

what about tatum/ad/svoboda
            Go Bearcats!
            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Rainy View Post
              Pitt State Tree
              Schurig - WU
              Beck - Pitt
              Brown - Hays
              Robinson - Northeastern

NW lost some good assistants/coordinators to HC jobs, but was also able to find or hold onto great coaches after that. I think that is what hurt Schurig the most during his time at WU, he couldn't reload when his DCs went to Hays or when he lost Robinson.

Comment

I see that Joe Holtzclaw has joined the FB staff as O-line coach. Nice hire.

Comment

Originally posted by GetGRIFFedUp View Post
                  The football coaching carousel can certainly be a crazy ride:

It's hard to see in this image of his tweet, but the date I circled (squared?) in red is January 5th, 2022. Just funny how fast life can happen right? Huge opportunity for him. I am sure any reasonable person would understand why he is leaving the coaching staff at UCO to become a head coach at UCM. Just interesting is all. Will be pretty wild when UCM plays UCO no? Fun times in the MIAA!!
                  Roll Chos!

Comment

Any word on who might replace Lambo as the OC for AD at Central Oklahoma?

Comment

meh. ad is going to run that offense win lose or draw.
                      Go Bearcats!
                      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post

Pitt State Tree
                        Schurig - WU
                        Beck - Pitt
                        Brown - Hays
                        Robinson - Northeastern

NW lost some good assistants/coordinators to HC jobs, but was also able to find or hold onto great coaches after that. I think that is what hurt Schurig the most during his time at WU, he couldn't reload when his DCs went to Hays or when he lost Robinson.
                        Was Fritz at UCM at that same time?

Comment

Originally posted by GetGRIFFedUp View Post
                          https://ucmathletics.com/news/2022/2...-football.aspx

Figured that there should be a new thread for something like this.
                          https://twitter.com/cs904_/status/14...026788866?s=21

Comment

I like the Lamberson hire. He's young and energetic and seems like a leader of Men. I hope he is able to get UCM over the hump in the MIAA. He's got plenty of experience in the league both as a player and coach. Surprised Fritz plucked his Alma Mater's HC for Tulane.

Comment

Cant blame coach S for going to Tulane probably doubled his salary. Lets hope UCM can maintain the level of play they had before last year. Im going to give Lamberson a few years before i give him a hard time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X