Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest In Peace Ali

Have a nice memory of Ali. I was heading back home to Iowa on a Sunday morning after a Bearcat football weekend, only guessing when I say it was maybe in 2009. I generally always continue heading north up Hwy 71 on my way back to Iowa just cuz it's a great road. But, on this morning, I decided to detour to Burlington Junction just because it had been forever since I had last seen this little town since my college days gradutating back in 1981. I was just curious to see how much it had changed. Always pains me to see the little towns fade away. So I take the left turn and when I get into Burlington Junction I see this Ali's Bakery or Ali's Donut's, and I decide to go inside. Ali greeted me and I picked out a few items. Lots of small talk while trying to decide what I wanted. Thought I was going to grab only a couple donuts, but everything looked so freakin' good that I easily walked out with a half dozen pastries. Ali was so friendly and we got to talking about NW after he rang me up and I told him he should move his operation to Maryville. Told him that if he could find a small house to buy next to the NW campus and open up his bakery business there, the students would be lined up out his door. We must have talked for about 15 minutes. What a great soul. And those pastries ... I think I may have polished off all but one before I got to the Iowa state line (ha). Anyway, I recalled this article written up in the Northwest Missourian newspaper a few years ago and found it. Great guy. Great article.

Ali's Bakery Story
    • Dec 1, 2017 Updated Jan 19, 2018

Ali's Bakery sells everything from various breads to doughnuts, with pies, pastries, and coffee, in between.

Comment

Thanks for posting the article about Ali ZubCat81. Customers have started a memorial at his shop with some flowers, cards & signs.

Comment

Comment

Graveside services 11:00 am 04/29/22 at Miami Cemetery Maryville(located at E. South Ave & S. Saunders St). Also a guestbook/ memorial table at Bram Funeral Home(no funeral though)

Comment

https://www.nwmissourinews.com/news/...4da29b701.html

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X