Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to Kashan Griffin(co-MIAA OPOW), Sam Phillips(MIAA DPOW) & Cole Lammel(MIAA STPOW) after win over WU.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

Which is why it was unrealistic for NW fans to think we'd be able to stay at that level (with or without AD). We're kind of at the level right now that we were from 1999 to 2006 after the first two championships. Still really good and winning conference titles more years than we don't, making the playoffs (which may not happen this year)... but that first of 5 straight National Championship games team (2005) was only 6-3 in the conference. We had a 4 year stretch from 2013-2016 where we were an absolute buzzsaw... we were spoiled.
      You serious Clark? 1999 won a natty, 2000 was as talented of a team NW has ever had, 2004 was a Lambo injury away from winning a Natty, 2005 NC game appearance, 2006 only an all world performance by Superman himself (and a fumble) kept NW from winning the Natty that year.

The 2022 iteration of NW FB may be the worst team NW has fielded since FB was invented aka Mel arrived on campus. This team is #awful without MikeyHo on the field and even he showed a floor v. UCO. NW generally lacks talent, health and/or experience on the offensive side of the ball and hasn't had an OC, QB, or AA RB to elevate it consistently. NW was very fortunate that they were able to secure the services of elite RBs the past few years to cover that lack of talent elsewhere. BW is completing 47% of his passes with 5.6 ypa, both by far the worst of his career as a Senior. How many MIAA and D2 QBs that see the field have worse comp. % and YPA? Save the injured excuses. The defense does well until giving up far too many big plays that result in points. It's all or nothing. The hope lies in that there may actually be some talent accumulating for the future at WR and this team is stoopid young. 7 Seniors.

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
        I've been a D2 message board guy since I joined in 2007. Honestly, I don't think there has ever been a time NW didn't have a gameday thread until the game this week, i.e., 'WU vs NW'.
        I'm guilty as well, as life moves on but judging by attendance at games there just isn't the interest there once was. Plus NW is a #basketballschool now.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post

You serious Clark? 1999 won a natty, 2000 was as talented of a team NW has ever had, 2004 was a Lambo injury away from winning a Natty, 2005 NC game appearance, 2006 only an all world performance by Superman himself (and a fumble) kept NW from winning the Natty that year.

The 2022 iteration of NW FB may be the worst team NW has fielded since FB was invented aka Mel arrived on campus. This team is #awful without MikeyHo on the field and even he showed a floor v. UCO. NW generally lacks talent, health and/or experience on the offensive side of the ball and hasn't had an OC, QB, or AA RB to elevate it consistently. NW was very fortunate that they were able to secure the services of elite RBs the past few years to cover that lack of talent elsewhere. BW is completing 47% of his passes with 5.6 ypa, both by far the worst of his career as a Senior. How many MIAA and D2 QBs that see the field have worse comp. % and YPA? Save the injured excuses. The defense does well until giving up far too many big plays that result in points. It's all or nothing. The hope lies in that there may actually be some talent accumulating for the future at WR and this team is stoopid young. 7 Seniors.
          To he clear, 04 wouldn't have been a NW natty, no matter who was healthy.

Comment

Yes I'm serious... lol I was speaking about results when comparing Rich Wright's 4 years plus in comparison to that time... and I was referring to the years between championships or the run of championship games (2000-2005). I probably didn't word that right and talent wise, maybe I probably shouldn't have included 2000, but regardless, 2001, we were 7-4 (6-3), in 2003, we 8-3 (7-2), and in 2005, we ended up 11-4 (6-3) after an improbable run to the championship game. 01, 04, and 05, we didn't win the MIAA. We weren't winning National Championships during that time, but were still winning a lot of games, which is where we are now. The point is that we're not so far down with Rich that we can't get back there, the same way we did before. All the doom and gloom.... I mean geezus, we won the conference 3 out of his 4 years (5 soon), and have been a playoff team every year (will see what happens this year). I stand by what I said that NW fans that believe we'd have maintained that level of dominance on both sides of the ball as we had in the last 4 years that AD was was the head coach if he were still here are unrealistic. Those teams were unbelievable good for this level.
            Last edited by Alfred33; 10-19-2022, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

To he clear, 04 wouldn't have been a NW natty, no matter who was healthy.
              Go ahead and believe that fairytale. NW gave some team all they could handle with 2nd and 3rd string QBs. Lamberson was light years ahead of their level. Just the facts.

Comment

Go ahead and believe that fairytale. NW gave some team all they could handle with 2nd and 3rd string QBs. Lamberson was light years ahead of their level. Just the facts.
                They played Pitt close with him. Not close at all without him.

Comment

I laugh whenever I hear the 04 Lambo thing.

Here is how 04 looked to the rest of the world...Lambo played in the first game, and both offenses sucked in that game. He didn't play in the second, but by that time, The Pitt O was really rolling and scored at will on NW. Lambo never played a down on defense for NW. as far as I know, so claiming the PO game would have been different is silly at best.

Don't even get me started on 05.
                  05 with Race, Pitt scored a bunch on NW. Without him in the playoffs, NW won by 1 or 2 scores, and if I remember right had a defensive TD in there, but didn'tdo a lot on offense against a mediocre Pitt defense. Don't get me wrong, NW was a more complete/complimentary team that day and the better team won. Pitt was also foolish for having all their offensive eggs in one basket.

Comment

Here is how 04 looked to the rest of the world...Lambo played in the first game, and both offenses sucked in that game. He didn't play in the second, but by that time, The Pitt O was really rolling and scored at will on NW. Lambo never played a down on defense for NW. as far as I know, so claiming the PO game would have been different is silly at best.

Don't even get me started on 05.
                    05 with Race, Pitt scored a bunch on NW. Without him in the playoffs, NW won by 1 or 2 scores, and if I remember right had a defensive TD in there, but didn'tdo a lot on offense against a mediocre Pitt defense. Don't get me wrong, NW was a more complete/complimentary team that day and the better team won. Pitt was also foolish for having all their offensive eggs in one basket.
                    That game in 05 with Race at Arrowhead Pitt won by 20ish. The starting QB that played the entire game for NW was some kid named Lamberson? Go figure.

Comment

Here is how 04 looked to the rest of the world...Lambo played in the first game, and both offenses sucked in that game. He didn't play in the second, but by that time,
                      Lamberson didn't play in either game in 2004. He was injured against Missouri Western.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post

That game in 05 with Race at Arrowhead Pitt won by 20ish. The starting QB that played the entire game for NW was some kid named Lamberson? Go figure.
                        Lambo broke his hip in Maryville vs MoWest before the Arrowhead game

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                          Lambo broke his hip in Maryville vs MoWest before the Arrowhead game
                          He played in the 2005 Arrowhead game. He missed the 2004 game in Arrowhead. He was 29 of 52 for 340 yards and 1 INT. He even had 6 rushes for 37 yards. Keep making excuses. It’s expected of NW fans.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post

That game in 05 with Race at Arrowhead Pitt won by 20ish. Go figure.
                            NW had 22 Bearcats sitting out with injuries that game.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Lamberson didn't play in either game in 2004. He was injured against Missouri Western.
                              Thanks. I had my years mixed up. He definitely played in 05.

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post

NW had 22 Bearcats sitting out with injuries that game.
                                Yes, and only NW has injuries. Lol. You guys are silly.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X