Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NW Bearcats 2022

Had no idea when QB Braden Wright went out due to surgery after his first game last season that he was literally "within hours of dying".

Bearcat quarterbacks thankful for perspective of last season
    Last edited by ZubCat81; 04-16-2022, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Looks like ‘22 will be the 1st year since ‘01 that the seniors won’t add anything to the Home stands ‘Brag Board’. A possible repeat of ‘95, ‘01 or ‘03 win/loss records are sadly still in play.

Comment

Bearcats might need to go wildcat with Moya Saturday

Comment

NW and 2022 don’t belong in the same title. They haven’t even shown up yet this year.

Comment

BW did great running that dink and dunk game. More of that and NW might be scary like they used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
              Looks like ‘22 will be the 1st year since ‘01 that the seniors won’t add anything to the Home stands ‘Brag Board’. A possible repeat of ‘95, ‘01 or ‘03 win/loss records are sadly still in play.
              NW over here like “Say it with me now, Fire RW!!”

Paying no mind to the fact that BW is an actual human dealing with actual health/injury issues.
              Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

NW over here like “Say it with me now, Fire RW!!”

Paying no mind to the fact that BW is an actual human dealing with actual health/injury issues.
                I agree with what you're saying. But it seems to me that NW fans are more upset with what seems to be lack of developing backup QBs. Wright and Hohensee are both hurt, but they have 6 total QBs on their roster and apparently none of the other 4 can throw it better than a really beat up Wright.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorillahawk View Post

I agree with what you're saying. But it seems to me that NW fans are more upset with what seems to be lack of developing backup QBs. Wright and Hohensee are both hurt, but they have 6 total QBs on their roster and apparently none of the other 4 can throw it better than a really beat up Wright.
                  ^^^^^ This ^^^^^

No one with half a football brain is saying fire RW. Now firing the OL coach, that I could definitely get on board with. Verdict still out on the OC, but not impressed thus far.

Comment

RW is fine but I’ve never been impressed with TS from the start

Comment

Originally posted by GoCatsGo5 View Post

^^^^^ This ^^^^^

No one with half a football brain is saying fire RW. Now firing the OL coach, that I could definitely get on board with. Verdict still out on the OC, but not impressed thus far.
                      Is it fair to rag on the OL coach given the injury situation? Or should we just lump things into a general case of the offensive staff in general not coaching up the backups very well?

Comment

Originally posted by Gorillahawk View Post

it seems to me that NW fans are more upset with what seems to be lack of developing QBs. Wright and Hohensee are both hurt, but they have 6 total QBs on their roster and apparently none of the 6 can throw it.
                        fyp. no thanks es necessito.
                        Go Bearcats!
                        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by GoCatsGo5 View Post

^^^^^ This ^^^^^

talent needs an upgrade. now the way to achieve that may be tweaking the staff (?) to upgrade its evaluation or recruiting acumen but i think that is the biggest issue.

one of the things to remember when looking at the situation is it started before ad left, it showed up on the field after.
                          Go Bearcats!
                          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

talent needs an upgrade. now the way to achieve that may be tweaking the staff (?) to upgrade its evaluation or recruiting acumen but i think that is the biggest issue.

one of the things to remember when looking at the situation is it started before ad left, it showed up on the field after.
                            How much of this is NW inbreeding of coaches? We obviously had that issue at Pitt so I'm not throwing stones or feces. Or, how much of it is the other teams in the MIAA finally getting tired of being mauled every and upgrading their teams both on the sideline and in recruiting? I'm shocked but love seeing MoSo getting mentioned in a kids twitter along with Pitt and NW. At this level, there is also the God Forbid student athlete portion of where a kids attends school too. So what schools offer what majors becomes important. Will be interesting to see how ESU chopping majors affects their recruiting in the next 2-3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

How much of this is NW inbreeding of coaches? We obviously had that issue at Pitt so I'm not throwing stones or feces. Or, how much of it is the other teams in the MIAA finally getting tired of being mauled every and upgrading their teams both on the sideline and in recruiting? I'm shocked but love seeing MoSo getting mentioned in a kids twitter along with Pitt and NW. At this level, there is also the God Forbid student athlete portion of where a kids attends school too. So what schools offer what majors becomes important. Will be interesting to see how ESU chopping majors affects their recruiting in the next 2-3 years.
                              stream of consciousness.....

sturdy isn't a bcat.
                              neither is rich wright he's just been here for a long time.
                              the oline coach is from the north someplace, the line has struggled since he arrived but better qb play would help them open running lanes.
                              there are assistants that played here like every place but bostwick & clayton have been on staff awhile & the terminal problem's not on that side of the ball anyway.
                              rich wright isn't afraid to look outside the program for help as evidenced by the two hires he's made (oline & oc).
                              rich has to look at the program & staff & determine what needs to change inside the building. did he make a couple bad hires or do we need to ride it out with sturdy b/c he's building something, is capable of upgrading/developing personnel & we can't see the fruit yet? there are some fans here that have decided - i haven't yet.

it isn't the bolded....if it were the league would do better in the po's than it has. we slipped & no ones filled the void nationally. in fact i think while slipping we've managed to continue to perform the best in league in terms of playoff success up through last year....generally speaking.

we're getting to a point where i think the league being dominant was just a blip in time. it was a joke nationally before pitt arrived & gave it some juice & then we ascended & central got really good for a few years (up & down) adding depth & mowest & washburn also got pretty good & broke through a couple times but you have to go back 10+ years for all of that success. really since then its slipped gradually back towards what its traditionally been.

pitt is ascending. so is nk & co (probably.....obv early there). they may well fill the void nationally (pitt may do it this yr if they continue to grow.....i'm not paying close enough attn to them to have a strong opinion on that but its early in that coach's tenure so certainly possible......or perhaps we will get our act together idk (not this yr). but none of that has happened yet.

long term i bet on pitt & nwms b/c of program pedigrees & central oklahoma as long as adam dorrell is there b/c of his coaching pedigree & their absurd facilities. but anybody can break through & elevate the league if they're committed. i know fort hays has a good coach that i respect & won the league as well but clearly they proved to not be a player nationally the years they got into the post season & have slipped since those championship years.
                              Go Bearcats!
                              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X