Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be happy NW fans. Go over to the VSU column and see what they are saying about their 3-5 season under their new coach. They had a D-lineman ejected during warm ups! Ouch!!!

Comment

I think this conference was really good in the early 2000's. really good in the early 2010's. The outside of NW's run with AD has been on a downhill slope

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Giffin may grow into a great WR, but right now he's just raw speed from what I've seen.
        I've seen Griffin make some very nice contested catches. Was impressed with him.

Comment

So let’s turn this thread into a creative exercise. Assuming that NW can’t fire RW (and that Sturdy may get another year to fix things), if you could bring a list of 4-5 things to them as improvement areas, what would be on your list?

Mine:
          1. Recruiting and development for QB, WRs, which has gone south since AD left.
          2. Better play calling and play scheming on the O. Ball control and short passes … ok. But when your O is “short passes to the right and short passes to the left”, and you can’t throw the ball downfield consistently, a smart DC is going to pick up on that.
          3. Recruiting and dev for corners and safeties on the defensive side of the ball. Stuffing the run helps a lot, but doesn’t if the other team’s QB can pick your pass defense apart.
          4. Hanging onto the ball. For some reason, we’ve been
          putting the ball on the ground a lot more, which is very uncharacteristic of an NW-coached team. Protecting the ball not being coached as well this year, or are the younger guys simply not getting it?

Comment

Congrats to Elijah on his SR3 HH nomination. He’s also a finalist for the Gene Upshaw Award
            Last edited by NWFanatic; 11-23-2022, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I've seen Griffin make some very nice contested catches. Was impressed with him.
              I just don't think the route running, and knowing when to attack the ball is there yet. JMO, though.

Comment

Win or lose NW’s body of work in the playoffs is amazing. 53 and 19 after the OBU game just shy of .750 lifetime winning per cent age.

Comment

a little 2023 info…Seth Wand’s son Pierce Wand has signed with NW

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X