Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

They will have some pretty glaring question marks at qb, db, and DL. It'll be fun to see more of Wright's recruits take the field.
    I think it's a very fun time to be a Pitt State fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

We're definitely hopeful.

Comment

Comment

They are, but they also recognize they only beat Emporia State by two points, Southern by four points, and Central Oklahoma by six points. From their perspective, their record was probably what it should have been, but not how it should have been.

Pitt is definitely headed in the right direction.
          Someone say Emporia?!?!?

Comment

Central fell off fast. Will they have a qb this year, or are they still starving for one?

That's a good question. The spring roster listed 4 QB's all R-So. The fall roster hasn't been posted yet.

Comment

Shanghai Mule
              Pitt is in a similar boat. They have a guy who played 1.5 games last season and a transfer from UCA. Everyone else is a freshman.

Comment

Shanghai Mule
                Pitt is in a similar boat. They have a guy who played 1.5 games last season and a transfer from UCA. Everyone else is a freshman.
                Yeah but Pitt is not coming off a 4-7 season with a new coach with a 1-21 career MIAA record.

Kearney has an all-time records pdf on their website. Since Howard Hill went 1-7 in 1934 only 2 coaches have won less than 3 games in a season. Josh Lynn went 2-0 in 2020, I'm guessing had they played a full season he would have won quite a few more than 3. The other is Lambo, who did it twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

Yeah but Pitt is not coming off a 4-7 season with a new coach with a 1-21 career MIAA record.

Kearney has an all-time records pdf on their website. Since Howard Hill went 1-7 in 1934 only 2 coaches have won less than 3 games in a season. Josh Lynn went 2-0 in 2020, I'm guessing had they played a full season he would have won quite a few more than 3. The other is Lambo, who did it twice.
                  It will be interesting to see how he does. He was at UNK when it was not at all ready to compete in MIAA football as an institution.

Not saying he'll do well at UCM. Just saying that the 2 situations aren't the same.

P.s. I have no idea why a bunch of words are underlined above?

Comment

I hope it works but it's hard to be excited. Especially since Coach K's "reign of terror" has me wondering how important fielding a competitive team is at UCM these days. I'm worried these decisions are being made based on other factors. Finances comes to mind as a possibility. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

I'm more excited for this season as a whole then I have been in a very long time. Sure the 04 run to the title game with Philpot, Carpenter, Race, and Majors was a hell of a lot of fun and the (01 or 02 season when the conference split the title (what was it? 5-ways?)
                      So yeah there are so many questions and it's going to be exciting to see play out

Comment

I agree. I think it will be a really fun season due to all the uncertainty.

Comment

We're definitely hopeful.
                          Congratulations on your 2022 National Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

Congratulations on your 2022 National Championship.
                            I have missed football, but haven't missed nw fans.

Comment

I have missed football, but haven't missed nw fans.
                              Nice going, you woke up the Greenwood Beast.

Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 08-02-2022, 06:03 PM.

Comment

These two hires will be really interesting to follow. I am more interested in Dorrell. It will be interesting to see if his success was the situation at NW or he was a really good coach. I think it was probably a combination of both. A lot of coaching is the situation. From where I sit I question how good Rich Wright is. He is successful but certainly not at the level of the people he has followed and he is in the best situation in D2. A lot of people would win at NW. I think Lambo will be a bust. I think in two years Central will be looking for a new coach.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X