Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred View Post
    These two hires will be really interesting to follow. I am more interested in Dorrell. It will be interesting to see if his success was the situation at NW or he was a really good coach. I think it was probably a combination of both. A lot of coaching is the situation. From where I sit I question how good Rich Wright is. He is successful but certainly not at the level of the people he has followed and he is in the best situation in D2. A lot of people would win at NW. I think Lambo will be a bust. I think in two years Central will be looking for a new coach.

After his debacle at UNK, the Lambo hire makes me a little nervous. If he flops in two years, then Mule's fans are screwed because AD Jerry Huges won't make a change. Look at the once proud Mule's basketball program. The Mules won the national championship in 2014 with coach Anderson. Coach Anderson leaves for Mizzou and coach K is hired as the new coach. It's now been 8 years of failure for coach K and he still has his job. That's what I fear will happen to football if Lambo fails.

Comment

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post

After his debacle at UNK, the Lambo hire makes me a little nervous. If he flops in two years, then Mule's fans are screwed because AD Jerry Huges won't make a change. Look at the once proud Mule's basketball program. The Mules won the national championship in 2014 with coach Anderson. Coach Anderson leaves for Mizzou and coach K is hired as the new coach. It's now been 8 years of failure for coach K and he still has his job. That's what I fear will happen to football if Lambo fails.
      Yes. It seems average or below is the new normal in the burg. I have posted very little compared to what I once did because the AD no longer cares about winning. Or is it something else. Its a mystery to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post

Yes. It seems average or below is the new normal in the burg. I have posted very little compared to what I once did because the AD no longer cares about winning. Or is it something else. Its a mystery to me.
        Unless the athletic director gets crossways with the school president, I guess we're stuck with the current athletic director. D1 programs have big time influential donors who can muscle out a coach or the athletic director. It doesn't seem to work that way for most D2 programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post

Jerry Hughes is a big ole bloated sack of Cat Grunny. He was that way when I was there in 1989. Didn't care about baseball at all, except when we were heading to the NC. Then he showed up at field and Stu told him to get his fat arse off his field...lol

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
            Link: MIAA

MIAA Preseason Coaches Poll
            1. Northwest Missouri State (10) - 119 pts
            2. Nebraska-Kearney (1) - 104
            3. Pittsburg State (1) - 100
            4. Washburn - 98
            5. Fort Hays State - 76
            6. Emporia State - 63
            7t. Central Missouri - 58
            7t. Missouri Western State - 58
            9. Central Oklahoma - 51
            10. Missouri Southern State - 29
            11. Northeastern State - 22
            12. Lincoln (MO) - 12

MIAA Preseason Media Poll
            1. Northwest Missouri State (22) - 296 pts
            2. Nebraska-Kearney (1) - 263
            3. Pittsburg State (1) - 237
            4. Washburn (1) - 226
            5. Fort Hays State - 180
            6. Emporia State - 175
            7. Missouri Western State - 156
            8. Central Oklahoma - 136
            9. Central Missouri - 108
            10. Missouri Southern State - 95
            11. Northeastern State - 52
            12. Lincoln (MO) - 26
            I think MoSo is criminally underrated in these polls. Bradley is putting together a sneaky good team and has better recruits than Joplin has seen in a long time. I can see a mess of 6-5 5-6 teams between Southern Emporia UCM and UCO. Because my vote matters...
            6. Southern
            7. ESU
            8. UCO
            9. UCM
            10. Western ...I think MW coach is starting the season on the hot seat.

Comment

No clue on what the Mules will put on the field but from what I saw last year, I'm not very optimistic. IMO, anything close to .500 would be a good year.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
                No clue on what the Mules will put on the field but from what I saw last year, I'm not very optimistic. IMO, anything close to .500 would be a good year.
                Last year was baffling to me. Boda had put good teams on the field pretty consistently. The difference last year was huge. Not sure if it was a lack of preparedness, a lack of talent, if the team didn't have the buy in to stick to training through covid, or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

I think MoSo is criminally underrated in these polls. Bradley is putting together a sneaky good team and has better recruits than Joplin has seen in a long time. I can see a mess of 6-5 5-6 teams between Southern Emporia UCM and UCO. Because my vote matters...
                  6. Southern
                  7. ESU
                  8. UCO
                  9. UCM
                  10. Western ...I think MW coach is starting the season on the hot seat.
                  I do think MoSo is being overlooked. Defense and ball control is a great start.

MW coach should have been on the hot seat after the first or second year of that undisciplined ridiculousness.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X