Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obligatory "How's your team gonna do" rank em' thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Less than 3 weeks.
    Is anyone else getting excited, having trouble focusing at work, etc?
    Yes, I am ready.

Comment

Less than 3 weeks.
      Is anyone else getting excited, having trouble focusing at work, etc?
      Excited, depends on your team's prospects, which is not good for UCM. Mule's fans are looking past football to basketball season...oh wait, we suck at that too. Hurry up spring, Mules's baseball always delivers a winner. On Media Day, coach Lambo and his two player representatives spent most of the time talking about team building, kindness and caring for each other. I swear I heard Kumbaya music in the background, and I almost teared up. It would have been nice to hear a little more X's and O's stuff. At last Saturday's practice, Lambo almost killed off five players who were taken to the hospital with heat related issues...great. My guess is the Mule's will be in the "yuck" group at 4-7 (D+) or 5-6 (C-). Yuckin' it up here, boss... over and out.

Comment

Northwest
        Kearney
        Pittsburg
        Central Ok
        Fort Hays
        Emporia
        Washburn
        Mo Western
        M0 Southern (I see big improvement on the horizon)
        Central Mo (just sad)
        Lincoln (they get a solid win this year over NE or someone higher up)
        Northeastern

Comment

I want to complain about people "sleeping on the Griffs" and selling them short right now, but I get why. While I believe that they will improve their record from last season with many returning starters and experienced players, I guess it comes down to: will all the talent on the roster translate to more wins, or will the Griffs beat the Griffs too often for that to happen (lack of discipline etc.)?
          Last edited by GetGRIFFedUp; 08-15-2022, 01:04 PM. Reason: punctuation correction

Comment

Nothing against last year's team, but this year's team beats last year's team by two scores. We're already better. - Atiba Bradley

Comment

Originally posted by GetGRIFFedUp View Post
              I want to complain about people "sleeping on the Griffs" and selling them short right now, but I get why. While I believe that they will improve their record from last season with many returning starters and experienced players, I guess it comes down to: will all the talent on the roster translate to more wins, or will the Griffs beat the Griffs too often for that to happen (lack of discipline etc.)?
              As I said above, I think the talent will be there, but not the wins.

MW has coaching problems, imo.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

A little over 2 weeks. Lettttttttts gooooooooo!

Comment

Originally posted by GetGRIFFedUp View Post
                    I want to complain about people "sleeping on the Griffs" and selling them short right now?
                    Roll Chos!

Comment

[QUOTE=Predatory Primates;

My optimism says Pitt wil close the gap a little more this season and win 9 games, mainly on the backs of a good D and really good LBs.

I think the offense is still a year away, but the OL will make them decent on that side of the ball.

With the apparent scrapping of the four-punter offense, I guess QB is the big question this year for Pit? You mentioned in another thread that the G's have a sophomore that played about 6 quarters last year. A sophomore transfer from Central Arkansas who was at UCA for 3 years, but seldom played. And then there are a handful of freshmen quarterbacks. I assume the two sophomores will battle for the starting spot with both seeing playing time until everything shakes out. Any other thoughts on the G's offense?

Comment

A little over 2 weeks. Lettttttttts gooooooooo!

The football juices (and beer) are flowing and I'm starting to feel the football buzz. Mules open on a Thursday night at PSU (yikes). I've only been to one game at Pitt and that was the Thursday night opener in 2016. I went by myself and spent time in the G's tailgate lot trading insults with the home fans. Nice stadium and great atmosphere made for a fun evening. The game was exciting right down to the end. Mules up 27-13 to start the 4th quarter. The G's score two touchdowns to make it 27-27. With 4-1/2 minutes to go the Mules hit a 80-yard bomb for the win 34-27. Had a great time, but then the drive back to Blue Springs. That has to be about the most desolate drive in the world at night. Didn't get home until 1:30 AM and had a 7:00 flight to catch...poor planning.

Anyway, hope the Mules give the G's a decent game as UCM begins the coach Lambo era.

Comment

I watched this game from the hospital room with my day old son. One of two home games I missed in the last 6 years. It was a good game with a crappy way to lose it, but fitting for that season.

Comment

Comment

Geez...women?

Comment

I almost had her convinced, honestly.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X