Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obligatory "How's your team gonna do" rank em' thread.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's something that issue and UCO started playing years ago when they got in conf and renewed thier old OIC rivalry. Because ucohired two of our presidents in a row to be their new president. And yes you uco has dominated recently but not always. It was a lot more fun when we played each other the last game of the season but the MIAA started messing with the schedule again

Comment

• Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
      It's something that issue and UCO started playing years ago when they got in conf and renewed thier old OIC rivalry. Because ucohired two of our presidents in a row to be their new president. And yes you uco has dominated recently but not always. It was a lot more fun when we played each other the last game of the season but the MIAA started messing with the schedule again

The last game of 2022 (& 2021) is The Central Showdown / Equine Bowl / Road Apple Rumble...get the picture. That will change next year, so maybe you'll get the Chos back for the finale.

Comment

• I like the last game / rivalry game idea. Natural rivals are NW vs MoWest - Pitt vs. MoSouth - UCO vs NE - Emporia vs Washburn - Ft, Hays vs UNK. That leaves UCM and Lincoln which obviously has no rivalry history. Before Nebraska Omaha left, the Mules were paired with them. which wasn't great but was acceptable. Oh well, doesn't look like the conference is going back to the last game rivalry thing anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post
          I like the last game / rivalry game idea. Natural rivals are NW vs MoWest - Pitt vs. MoSouth - UCO vs NE - Emporia vs Washburn - Ft, Hays vs UNK. That leaves UCM and Lincoln which obviously has no rivalry history. Before Nebraska Omaha left, the Mules were paired with them. which wasn't great but was acceptable. Oh well, doesn't look like the conference is going back to the last game rivalry thing anyway.
          Poor old Mules don't even have a rival.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Poor old Mules don't even have a rival.

I knew that was coming (funny). You owe me an assist for purposely setting you up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post

I knew that was coming (funny). You owe me an assist for purposely setting you up.
              Approved

Comment

• Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                Hays I think will end up third. I just don't love how pass happy that offense has become. They may have one of the top qbs in the conference returning but, that offense didn't seem to win the line of scrimmage running the ball. The defense is going to be tough, so we will see.

Washburn I think finishes middle of the pack. The special team player of the year returns, but they have a new qb (last qb is now the full time assistant defensive line coach). I think they struggle.

Odds say NW wins it. I don't know what UNK returns. I think the days of thinking the MIAA was the SEC of D2 are over. Most overhyped team UCO. Coach has only had 1 recruiting cycle. He benefited from being at NW and having an abundance of talent while he was HC. At ACU he did nothing.

Comment

• Good points for now, but the conference gets weaker every year they stay with the Silo format, imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSR View Post

I look for the league to beat up on each other. I also do not believe this is a strong conference either.
                    Do you just cut and paste this every year? :-D

If you look at all the conferences there isn't any that is strong from top to bottom and most have 1-2 teams that are high above the rest.

Also example in the playoffs, MIAA teams have done okay on early rounds, even when they are the underdog. I don't think it's the best conference this year but it's also not the weakest conference.

Comment

• Bold season prediction for the Mules....the streak of 314 straight games of scoring (the streak dates back to week three of the 1991 season, which by the way is prior to football being invented at NW) WILL NOT come to an end but will be tested. If the steak ends, it will be in week three (coincidently) when the Mules travel to NW. Just a gut feeling.

Comment

• Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post

Do you just cut and paste this every year? :-D

If you look at all the conferences there isn't any that is strong from top to bottom and most have 1-2 teams that are high above the rest.

Also example in the playoffs, MIAA teams have done okay on early rounds, even when they are the underdog. I don't think it's the best conference this year but it's also not the weakest conference.
                        It just happens to be true again this year.

Comment

• Just to note this ... #2 Valdosta State scores 13 pts in the final 7:30 of the game to beat Keiser College 36-21. Keiser is an NAIA team?
                          Last edited by ZubCat81; 09-01-2022, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

I know this is always the joke "NW should move up". Northwest is right where they should be for the school, players and fans. If they move up, they run the risk of becoming the next Southeast Missouri State, Missouri State, or Lindenwood. Sorry about that last part, Sig.
                            Lol.... SEMO and MO State seem to be doing ok in regards to football right now.

LU will be ok eventually. Working under a model where they can give out more full rides vs. partial scholarships competing against much cheaper schools will benefit them.
                            Cool Story Bro

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X