• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instant replay in the MIAA?

Saw the attached tweet. Any thoughts?

Any word on this vote?

https://youtu.be/RYZXZqC3yOY
    talk about instant replay starts around 11:40 mark
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by Jayhawk Juco Guy; 08-06-2022, 08:20 AM.

I saw an internal NCAA memo about this. Their board of directors voted 5-4 against changing the name of instant replay in the MIAA. Overturn Neibling Replay didn't have the same panache.

Comment

from miaa media days it sounds like minimally a year away with hurdles to clear to make it economically feasible
      Go Bearcats!
      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
        from miaa media days it sounds like minimally a year away with hurdles to clear to make it economically feasible
        Podcast was from earlier this week and sounded like a cost effective way has been introduced since media day. Plus Racy said a vote was supposed to happen this week as well.

side note- the Jayhawk conference will be using instant replay this year from reports out of that media day. Will have to go back and listen to it again but i think it's the same system being talked about in the MIAA.

Comment

Roll Chos!

Comment

What I got from media day was that it was already economically feasible, but they were having trouble explaining that in a way the conference prez and company could understand.

Comment

yes those were the hurdles i mentioned. i thought they were talking about the ncaa though relative to not needing to pay the additional $ for another in booth official on site at every game & explaining the way the process would work to those in power. i was half listening while working though.
              Go Bearcats!
              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

yes those were the hurdles i mentioned. i thought they were talking about the ncaa though relative to not needing to pay the additional $ for another in booth official on site at every game & explaining the way the process would work to those in power. i was half listening while working though.
                That may have been it. I was only half listening too.

Comment

Maryville Forum reported the AD's approved it and the MIAA will have it this year.

Comment

While it sounds great, are they going to have the camera views to really make a difference? My bet is no as we all know that we are at the mercy of student camera operators who may or may not even have a shot worth watching.

Comment

Neibling officiated games will now take 8 weeks to complete because they will be reviewing each play.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
                        While it sounds great, are they going to have the camera views to really make a difference? My bet is no as we all know that we are at the mercy of student camera operators who may or may not even have a shot worth watching.
                        hopefully better than nothing. & also hopefully expedient.
                        Go Bearcats!
                        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

I like the idea for limited use. I don't want it to be like the NFL or d1 where games take forever and there's no flow because of it.

Comment

It's a pain in MIAA basketball. 2 of the 3 officials go to the monitor while the 3rd stands at mid court. It takes a while for the kid at the table (at least it's a kid at CentralMO) to find the play. Once they find the play, the 2 look at it for a while. Then 1 of the 2 trades places the one at mid court and those 2 watch it for a while. Then all 3 get together a mid court and discuss. Then they call the coaches over and tell them what they saw.

I see no reason to make this a group effort. Send one to the monitor and once the play is found start a timer give him/her a set amount of time to make a call. If they can't make a call in that time, the original call stands.

Comment

https://themiaa.com/news/2022/8/8/mi...ll-season.aspx

more info on the process including what plays a coach can potentially challenge

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X