Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Nepotism

I'm a Hays fan with ties to Washburn. So I decided to check out WUs athletics website and had a chuckle. Schurigs boy is the dline coach?? He started at quarterback this last fall. 5th year seniors must be thrilled

The apple doesn't fall far from the coaching tree?

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
      I'm a Hays fan with ties to Washburn. So I decided to check out WUs athletics website and had a chuckle. Schurigs boy is the dline coach?? He started at quarterback this last fall. 5th year seniors must be thrilled
      It's a little strange that he's his son, but not too unusual to have a grad assistant that played there the year before. Strange that he's not listed as a grad assistant, though.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Comment

He is listed as an assistant coach on the site. Others are listed as grad assistants or volunteers. I take that to mean he's a salaried coach, but I could be wrong?

Comment

Go Bearcats!
              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Not a bad first coaching job to put on the resume.

Comment

Comment

What? A full-time coach usually played or GA'd at that position. He did neither. I can't see recruits knocking down the door to be coached by that.

Comment

and what's the problem?...washburn is a law school, most the kids going there go work for their parents law firms anyway.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X