Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mules at Pitt

Trash talk and game thread all rolled into one.

I have no idea what to expect from either team.

Mules are at the front end of a rebuild with a new coach. Coming off a 4-7, but with several close losses.

Pitt is in full year 2 of a rebuild with big question marks at QB, RB, DL, and D secondary. They're just off an 8 and 3 year where they were a couple missed FG'S away from the playoffs.

On paper, Pitt should win, but they have so many questions. Their biggest need for improvement was on offense. That's somtimes tough to do with an inexperienced QB and unproven RBs. The positive is that they return good WR'S and that O-Line was coming together and looking good by the middle of last season. Hopefully the OL can cover up the inexperienced skill players and give them time to get it figured out. I really wish they would have taken the bowl invite last year to get Dodson more experience.

Is the water getting high in Pittsburg? :)

Comment

As you should know, Mule's trash talkers were granted a pass this year because of (1) Heavy freshman & sophomore roster (2) Brutal away schedule. (3) New coach with 1-23 record. The trash talkers will be kicking it at the lake this week (at least I will). We need some of the brainier Mule's posters to weigh in on how the Mules stack up. Come on Randy, John, Mules Mafia, etc, where are you guys?

Comment

C'mon Mules SID. Post your game notes so I can see Pitt's 2 deep.

If I have to wait for Pitt's version. It'll be Thursday at Kickoff before I find out.

Comment

No trash talk from me either. At this point everyone already knows to avoud UCM fans to avoid getting vd, and not to stand next to them at the urinals to avoid crabs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
            As you should know, Mule's trash talkers were granted a pass this year because of (1) Heavy freshman & sophomore roster (2) Brutal away schedule. (3) New coach with 1-23 record. The trash talkers will be kicking it at the lake this week (at least I will). We need some of the brainier Mule's posters to weigh in on how the Mules stack up. Come on Randy, John, Mules Mafia, etc, where are you guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
              Trash talk and game thread all rolled into one.

I have no idea what to expect from either team.

Mules are at the front end of a rebuild with a new coach. Coming off a 4-7, but with several close losses.

Pitt is in full year 2 of a rebuild with big question marks at QB, RB, DL, and D secondary. They're just off an 8 and 3 year where they were a couple missed FG'S away from the playoffs.

On paper, Pitt should win, but they have so many questions. Their biggest need for improvement was on offense. That's somtimes tough to do with an inexperienced QB and unproven RBs. The positive is that they return good WR'S and that O-Line was coming together and looking good by the middle of last season. Hopefully the OL can cover up the inexperienced skill players and give them time to get it figured out. I really wish they would have taken the bowl invite last year to get Dodson more experience.
              Good thoughts. You can also add a season ending injury to an O line starter. And the Defense took the Offense apart at final scrimmage. So lots of questions for sure.

Comment

The offensive line does return and I've heard good things about the QB. Short of that....crickets. Historically, this is Pitt's game to lose in the Jungle as I have more fingers on one hand than the number of wins the mules have at Pitt.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
                  The offensive line does return and I've heard good things about the QB. Short of that....crickets. Historically, this is Pitt's game to lose in the Jungle as I have more fingers on one hand than the number of wins the mules have at Pitt.
                  When they played last year, the UCM QB was in way over his head. I think they switched qb's a few games later, though.

Comment

No trash talk from me either. At this point everyone already knows to avoud UCM fans to avoid getting vd, and not to stand next to them at the urinals to avoid crabs.

UCM fans are avoiding Pitt like the plague. All those Gorilla fans have Monkey Pox. Damn filthy apes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post

Which quarterback? We have about five soph. QB's on the team.

Comment

When they played last year, the UCM QB was in way over his head. I think they switched qb's a few games later, though.

That was Kyle Bradly. He was at UCM about 6 or 7 years and sucked the whole time. Boda gave him every chance in the world to become a legit starter, but it never worked out. After they benched him last year the offense was a lot more effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

Which quarterback? We have about five soph. QB's on the team.
                          Cedric Case. Transfer from Texas State who originally is from Lincoln, NE.

Comment

https://pittstategorillas.com/news/2...-thursday.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilly View Post

Good thoughts. You can also add a season ending injury to an O line starter. And the Defense took the Offense apart at final scrimmage. So lots of questions for sure.
                              Who got hurt?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X