Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FHSU VS NWMSU GAME THREAD - SEPT 1ST, 2022.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Yeah. Student section is usually pretty full at Pitt. I didn't notice a difference after alcohol sales started, though. I did see more drunk d bags in the stadium than usual, though. On the bright side, some of them are funny. 😀
    Heard from someone in the Athletic Dept last year they'd find empty beer cans in the student section...students these days don't really know how to fully take advantage of the situation...if the stadium is serving certain brands of long neck aluminum bottles...that's what you sneak in...not just aluminum cans...that way you can at least blend in. :)

Comment

• Regarding the Bearcats, I think we only have one returning starter (#60 Goff) on the Offensive Line. It takes some time to gel. If they began to figure that out during the 2Q, then great. We also ran a bigger back (#4 Dominique) more as the game went along. On Defense, we seemed to be hindered early by the larger O Line of FH, but began to use our speed and stunting from what I could see. Our LB speed really helped, too. The FH QB is a great talent and he will get his yards, but we harassed him often enough with many hard hits in the 1H. Maybe our coaching adjustments were a difference maker as the game went along, and that would be pleasing if true.

Comment

• Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

The students know there's a game, they're out in their tailgate lot and they can pretty much drink freely out there...doubtful that many will make it into the game with that available to them.

While enrollment is up, the growth has largely been from online classes and grad students...haven't seen the numbers but would guess in town college student population is down. The traditional student population is dropping.

I'm with CatFan88 on the selling of alcohol in the stadium...Pitt started selling beer in their concession stands last year and I saw where they're opening up a beer garden of sorts in the north end zone this season. They tried to do something like that at BB last year but didn't have enough help to get it implemented. That being said, I'm not convinced that would help student attendance...college students typically gravitate to where the cheapest drinking option is.
        They need to tear down that stadium and start over. From what I heard, the deteriorated stairs on the west side were replaced only to find that the new ones installed were not correct either and thus have to be replaced. Good lord NW, stop going with the cheapest POS Contractor. The West side chair backs are a total disgrace.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
          Our student section was pretty packed last week. It is the west side chair backs that were empty…
          The crowd looked fairly sparse on tv. I think the announced attendance was in the area of 7,600, which seemed like a stretch. But that's probably tickets sold and not butts in seats. I like the idea of the first home game being on a Thursday night. You have a captive student audience and what else are they going to do on a weeknight. And with the usual street fair thing, it seems to get the students more engaged in attending the game. The downside of a Thursday night game would be the driving distance for many alumni who wouldn't get home until 1:00 AM and have to work on Friday. UCM always had a good alumni turnout for Thursday night games, but then a majority of them only live an hour away in KC.

Comment

I did find someone to take my ticket this week. I was stuck at home with covid for the third time.

The covid rule is three strikes and you're out. You must now live in a bubble. That's a tough break, and you also have to change your handle from PP to BB (bubble boy).

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
              They need to tear down that stadium and start over. From what I heard, the deteriorated stairs on the west side were replaced only to find that the new ones installed were not correct either and thus have to be replaced. Good lord NW, stop going with the cheapest POS Contractor. The West side chair backs are a total disgrace.
              Heard it was something structural that the new steps couldn't be done safely...sounds like the original contractor on the stadium didn't do it correctly...apparently the inspection phase of construction wasn't very good...SMH

Comment

I did find someone to take my ticket this week. I was stuck at home with covid for the third time.
                You really need to quit kissing monkey butt, since they are the root of all pandemic causes, (Covid and Monkey Pox) dirty dirty dirty apes

Comment

• Highly impressed with the Green and White game 1. It will be interesting to see how much of a test Hays actually was as the season plays out. I do think the Tigers had some very good players and bright spots that caused some serious issues for the Bearcats early on. Not being able to game plan to the degree that the upper tier coaches in this league do, (and both of these teams are very well coached), causes this first game to have some degree of give and take early on. The disparity of talent up front eventually was on full display.
                  That being said, the Bearcats depth at Running Back is very impressive, the potential options at WR/TE/Slot come with a very high ceiling, and the two QB's both had some very bright spots. If the Bearcats can be at least serviceable up front, a lot of points will be scored by this unit.
                  For the first time in a while, I think the real issues for the Cats could come on the other side of the ball. It could be that the adjustments that will need to happen, will happen over time. It also could be that an apparent lack of depth up front, and some experience issues behind that could lead to some issues, thus a lot more points scored that Bearcat fandom are used to. Hays seemed to suffer from a bit of lack of patients, and also failed to capitalize a couple of times leaving some points off of the board.
                  The Tigers will learn a lot about themselves this week, while the Bearcats will unfortunately have to wait one more week to put the lessons learned from week one to the test.
                  Man I love D2 Football and the MIAA!

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

You really need to quit kissing monkey butt, since they are the root of all pandemic causes, (Covid and Monkey Pox) dirty dirty dirty apes

Hey Driftwood, they can't help themselves. You've been to the zoo; monkey see monkey do, and the apes are even worse, look away kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

The covid rule is three strikes and you're out. You must now live in a bubble. That's a tough break, and you also have to change your handle from PP to BB (bubble boy).

Maybe it's better to stay with the primate theme. Banana Boy or Baboon Boy would be good payback for all the "mooles" stuff.

Comment

• selling beer at a game will not increase attendance if the product "on the field" isn't worth it. Furthermore, if you do start selling beer, you better have a good lawyer on retainer because you will be sued. It's not a matter of "if" but "when" as one should have known that bad things will happen.

Comment

• Big question is can we get ZubCat81 to attend a game. We know he can take the students to task for not attending. Could it be he us afraid Liberty Bearcat may make a citizens arrest for the party foul ZubCat81 committed at Pitt State when he drained the last of the keg with his 32 ounce Palms 🌴 schooner cup?

Comment

• Originally posted by MEAN GREEN MACHINE View Post
                            Big question is can we get ZubCat81 to attend a game. We know he can take the students to task for not attending. Could it be he us afraid Liberty Bearcat may make a citizens arrest for the party foul ZubCat81 committed at Pitt State when he drained the last of the keg with his 32 ounce Palms 🌴 schooner cup?
                            The Statute of Limitations will NEVER run out on that party foul! I can easily have UPD ready to arrest him as soon as he gets to the tailgates!

Comment

• RW said they changed defensive schemes on the back end 3 times during the game which is pretty impressive given how young and inexperienced the Dbacks are

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X