Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i watched the replay, i wouldn't say they played well but not as bad as the score would lead you to believe. 500 yards is still 500 yards.

i remember being at a nwms/mowest game like 10-12 yrs ago that we won....mmm it was a similar score like 35 or 42-0. a shellacking obv but watching it they got every bad bounce/break tip to tail & i remembered thinking as i left if we played 9 more times the games would likely all be close & that they had a good fball team in spite of the score. sure enough they were good, made the playoffs & we played again & they were up by 3 scores before we came back & won it late by a score which i thought was much more representative of the gap between the two teams that yr.

similarly sometimes close games on the scoreboard don't really feel that way watching them depending how it goes.

we're going to learn a lot about both co & mw this week - week one tricks you b/c of preconceived notions.....sometimes.
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
      not sure who you were talking about ROLL about being lied to. if that was pointed at me, at no point did i say this oline was good. i said the practices looked more organized, less scattered. kids were moving fast and confident.
      Not pointed at you, I had heard from multiple people that the O-Line was so improved and don’t be surprised when big things happen this season. Then we came out and laid a turd on offense.

I’ll give the defense credit for hanging in there when they were on the field way too long for sure. Time of possession was a huge factor in that game.
      Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

Not pointed at you, I had heard from multiple people that the O-Line was so improved and don’t be surprised when big things happen this season. Then we came out and laid a turd on offense.

I’ll give the defense credit for hanging in there when they were on the field way too long for sure. Time of possession was a huge factor in that game.
        gotcha...understood for sure. it was a very distrubing offensive performance.

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
          i watched the replay, i wouldn't say they played well but not as bad as the score would lead you to believe. 500 yards is still 500 yards.

i remember being at a nwms/mowest game like 10-12 yrs ago that we won....mmm it was a similar score like 35 or 42-0. a shellacking obv but watching it they got every bad bounce/break tip to tail & i remembered thinking as i left if we played 9 more times the games would likely all be close & that they had a good fball team in spite of the score. sure enough they were good, made the playoffs & we played again & they were up by 3 scores before we came back & won it late by a score which i thought was much more representative of the gap between the two teams that yr.

similarly sometimes close games on the scoreboard don't really feel that way watching them depending how it goes.

we're going to learn a lot about both co & mw this week - week one tricks you b/c of preconceived notions.....sometimes.
          I’m confused about what point you are trying to make when you state “500 yards is still 500 yards” within the context of the first two sentences of your post. Could you elaborate? It seems to me that the score and the yardage difference between the teams coincide pretty well with the fact that UCO got whooped. I expect UCO to improve over the course of the season but I don’t see them getting over .500 in 2022. More like 3-5 wins. I don’t know. Maybe Dorrel can whip up some good old fashioned Maryville Magic in Edmond and the Bronchos will astound by grinding out a 6-5 record, but that looks like a tall order.

Comment

Originally posted by GetGRIFFedUp View Post

I’m confused about what point you are trying to make when you state “500 yards is still 500 yards” within the context of the first two sentences of your post. Could you elaborate? It seems to me that the score and the yardage difference between the teams coincide pretty well with the fact that UCO got whooped. I expect UCO to improve over the course of the season but I don’t see them getting over .500 in 2022. More like 3-5 wins. I don’t know. Maybe Dorrel can whip up some good old fashioned Maryville Magic in Edmond and the Bronchos will astound by grinding out a 6-5 record, but that looks like a tall order.
            It would appear that inflation has not yet hit yards in a football game...I'm sure it's coming thought! :)

Comment

Lol the last place to show up is between the stripes.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X