• Show
Clear All

My Week Three MIAA Column for D2Football.com:
    https://www.d2football.com/miaa-column-2022-09-22/

Comment

Good stuff. Thanks for doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Making sure everyone has the same chance to compete and excel is the job of the conference. If scholarships are limited, schedules are closed etc, they aren't doing their job.

Athletic excellence is the job of the individual school. Some don't choose to strive for it, but most do. It is definitely a secondary priority at the d2 level.
        I'm not a fan of silo scheduling, but I understand why it happens in a lot of places - the top teams can't get games.

I know for a fact that before the GAC went to silo scheduling, a playoff-contending Gulf South school offered five figures for a *road game* at the GAC school and got turned down. When I saw that I knew that silo scheduling was going to happen sooner than later.

Comment

Great Column this week. I agree with most all of it. I think the Southern vs Ft Hays will be really telling on just how much improved Southern is. I'm really liking the direction that program appears to be headed after being so dismal for so many years. As for the Lincoln vs NE St game I think that's the most intriguing game of the week. My brain tells me NE wins but my gut and my heart is saying Lincoln pulls that one out.

Comment

dam you dislike our offense so bad that you're bussing in central miss to score our 10 points lol

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
              dam you dislike our offense so bad that you're bussing in central miss to score our 10 points lol
              Nice job of proof reading! Devin puts more emphasis on Uni's and eight man caps than predicting scores! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
                Reason #8742 not to write the column at 1am. I’ll get it corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post

Nice job of proof reading! Devin puts more emphasis on Uni's and eight man caps than predicting scores! ;-)
                  The pain of proof reading at 2am is real. Steven Chappell would be so disappointed in me.

Comment

Corrected.

In his defense, I make that mistake constantly. I also look for UCO in the LSC from time to time.

Comment

Are you guys saying that the 2 schools that are bigger than all the others in the conference, start with UC, sport Equine mascots, lead the league on STDs, and have a former NW guy as a HC are hard to keep straight.

Comment

I agree B- Graded NW’s uniforms weren’t their best look(white letters rather than silver lettering ala the Raiders would’ve helped imho) but as far as significance to the players/coaches/fans they deserve A+
                        Last edited by NWFanatic; 09-22-2022, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                          I agree B- Graded NW’s uniforms weren’t their best look(white letters rather than silver lettering ala the Raiders would’ve helped imho) but as far as significance to the players/coaches/fans they deserve A+
                          Yeah, I decided to grade the uniform itself and not the local significance of what the uniform represents.

Comment

Can confirm FHSU wore white on white/w gold trim and black helmets

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                              Can confirm FHSU wore white on white/w gold trim and black helmets

Yeah I saw it on the stream but could not find a photo of them anywhere and getting a screenshot from the video is low quality. I like the look just couldn’t find a darn picture.

I appreciate the teams like NWMSU, Pitt State and Emporia State who posted their combos each week.

Comment

I don't really want to watch them play naked. Other than that, as long as you can tell the 2 teams apart and read the numbers, I'm good.

That brings me back to Pitt. Their uniforms will always get a D- because that font is hard to read.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X